Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Jun 2024, 08:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 27 May 2007, 16:03 

Hi,

Hey thanks for that pedal info JKeefe, I will try it when I get back in. Was using the pedals split and yes, that full throttle thing kind of makes sense when in the menus.

I wonder also, with what you mention about the pad port to a wheel, that if the values from the input device are accumulating (or differential in vrpn speak) such that a turn keeps on turning more. You would expect an application to be absolute in the way it interprets a wheel (eg 15 degrees offset in an axis means you turn by 15 degrees until you change it). The lag I thought I was experiencing may not be that at all but a motion model smoothing?

I first heard of rFactor from another thread on these forums. I haven't seen it but will definitely chase it down. It sounds and looks like they have applied three scene cameras, the outer two having rotational offsets. The effects people describe of bends and things is typical of that setup when your pitch alters (not so obvious in flat driving sims!). What they have done is halfway to one accepted correct solution. The other half requires a spherical image distortion based on both the FOVs, degrees of offset and screen pixel sizes. Actually its not that crucial if you are looking onto monitors as the FOVs are not always actual. If you can get them actual, such as a set distance from a larger projection then its on. If rFactor does indeed allow multiple cameras and configurable offsets and fov control it could be a great precedent. I can take it to the next step with that distortion and blended overlaps on our projectors. It would also be possible, if the framework allowed and you had the capability, to run a shader in a render to texture pass to apply that distortion for monitor setups (or commodity projectors).

Cheers

Garry

PostPosted: 29 May 2007, 17:26 

Yeah, that's my thread detailing the rFactor triplehead features. The only thing you can configure is ON or OFF, but still, it's a step in the right direction. I recommend the following car/track combos to get the best rFactor experience:
modern Formula 1 at Monaco 2007
modern Formula 1 at Interlagos
1979 Formula 1 at Oesterreichring
Formula BMW at Adelaide
V8 Supercars at Bathurst
Porches at Trois Rivieres

I would die to try any of these on your setup.

Steering lag in MFS:MW? Maybe. It's certainly not jsut a counter, because you do need to hold a little lock on the wheel in a sustained turn - just not as much as it takes to get the car pointed. I don't know why it's messed up, but it is. :)

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2009, 06:13 

Sorry to bring this post back from the dead, but I'm having some trouble getting the camhack to work.

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate x64, and I've patched Need For Speed Most Wanted to the latest version. The resolution hack works perfectly, but the camhack fails because it can't find "dx8vb.dll"

Any ideas?

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2009, 20:31 

using the same OS as you. Figuring out that dx8vb.dll is a no brainer, just google and install it to ur system/system32/systemwow64/game dir.

Well one of those...

I get the camhacker program to load, however it goes on an infinite loading loop. If i click anything the program crashes. Any suggestions

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2009, 06:41 

It's not quite as simple as just googleing for it and dropping the file in a folder, I'm afraid.

I've run across 4 different versions of dx8vb.dll, only one of them will actually work. After finding the correct one, you have to put it in the SysWOW64 folder and then register the DLL.

I did manage to get it working eventually, though...

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2009, 04:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Very cool setup. What blows my mind is that I'm currently building almost an exact duplicate of that setup in my basement at the moment. This gives me some further ideas. I'm using 3x Optoma EX525ST short-throw projectors that I just got this week. This weekend is a lot of building. Thanks for sharing the photos of the curcular screen. It is helpful to me. :D

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2010, 12:02 

i install nfs: most wanted just fine but i go to run the program and it crashes before even loading anything.

using nvidia surround 5760x1080 wstf is going on i just wanna play a damn racing game haha. nfs shift worked but has terrible control.

batman arkam asylum works, kane and lynch 2 works mafia 2 works assassins creed 2 works, bfbc2 works crysis works...why cant i get grid or nfs most wanted to even load baffles me.

GTX 680 4GB in SLI
Intel 980 x @ 4Ghz

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2011, 17:30 

I have a problem with this hack. I know I tried it on my laptop and it worked, but now I wanna try it on my new PC (Phenom 955, GTX560) but it doesn't work correctly. I downloaded the demo version that runs very well. I copied the hack files into the game folder and run in 1680*1050 resolution but there is a problem I can see a black screen every half a second. So I can't play it. Anyone knows the solution?

EDIT: Solved. If I run logged as an administrator, it works. Next time I won't install games into program files directory.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2014, 06:00 

I'm so thrilled that this is working without a hitch for everyone else.
In my situation the HUD behaves like it would be presented in 640x480 in the top-left corner but the game viewport is actually rendered at the monitor's native resolution.
So what I get is a correct fullscreen ingame picture with an awfully small totally misplaced interface - it's outright unplayable. Cannot make a screenshot, it is made from the desktop rather than the game screen itself. The mouse pointer cannot leave that 640x480 interface box.
I'm using the fix from the only available link at wsgf (http://www.wsgf.org/dr/need-speed-most-wanted) and I'm sure the problem is with the HUD_PATCH option.
What do you think?

btw: had the black flashing but it was gone since the second game launch

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2014, 09:47 
Editors
Editors

You're right, by default the HUD is messed up but HUD_PATCH=0 fixes the issue. With this fix the FOV remains Vert- though.

For the record, the original fix by Racer_S consists of the following:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next