Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Vampire Bloodlines
PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 04:33 

Note that by the looks of this hex edit, it should be something the UniWS patcher can handle merely by adding a new entry to the patches.ini file.

I finally figured out Wogg's syntax the other week. In fact I'd write the entry myself, but I don't have the game to test with (bought it, played it, and traded it in a long time ago).

However, if someone sends me a copy of just the engine.dll file I should be able to do it and make sure it's right just be inspecting the file.

How? Or do I not have those rights?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 04:34 
Insiders
Insiders

FYI, the camera is "zoomed out," which is actually not the same thing as being moved back.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 04:55 

Fixed boss.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 22:56 

Note that by the looks of this hex edit, it should be something the UniWS patcher can handle merely by adding a new entry to the patches.ini file.

I finally figured out Wogg's syntax the other week. In fact I'd write the entry myself, but I don't have the game to test with (bought it, played it, and traded it in a long time ago).

However, if someone sends me a copy of just the engine.dll file I should be able to do it and make sure it's right just be inspecting the file.

How? Or do I not have those rights?

You wouldn't update it directly. You'd make the changes locally and then ask one of the site mods to add the entry to the patches.ini file in the official download.

At the moment I'm not up for explaining the UniWS syntax, I will do a write up for it one day though, it's not complex, it's just not immediately obvious what the settings are.

In any case, offer still stands to try my hand at the patch myself. If anyone wants to send me the file, please PM me.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 23:01 

I meant how do I send you the file. 8)

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 01:52 

Er wouldn't it be easier to use the vampire respatcher? I mean instead of a hex editor.. It works perfectly. You just enter your chosen resolution(s) and hey presto! Done. No fiddling about... Just a thought.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 01:58 

I try to give the actual changes in case of differences in the file. Sometimes a game is upgraded and the locatioin of the values in the file changes making the current patcher worthless.

Hey, whatever works go with it. :)

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 18:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Er wouldn't it be easier to use the vampire respatcher? I mean instead of a hex editor.. It works perfectly. You just enter your chosen resolution(s) and hey presto! Done. No fiddling about... Just a thought.

Can you post a link to the vampire respatcher?

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 18:33 

Can you post a link to the vampire respatcher?

No probs!

http://www.fileplanet.com/156598/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade:-Bloodlines---Resolution-Patcher

If only surround gaming was supported!

Copy the respatcher into the 'bin' folder of the game.

Run it and choose your resolution. Click 'patch it'....

You need MS net version 1.1 or above. Currently at V3.0

edit: This works fine with the official 1.2 patch and the latest v4.1 unofficial patch also.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 18:36 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks. I've added this to the solution thread, and I recommend the same for the solution section of the DR.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next