Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 03:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 11 Sep 2010, 09:42 

Since the game is natively Hor+, this FOV value is probably the vertical FOV. :wink:

Maybe you are right, but when I increased the FOV to 100 on my 16:10 monitor I got a crazy fish eye effect, doesn't that mean that the FOV has been increased Horisontally?

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2010, 11:03 

Maybe you are right, but when I increased the FOV to 100 on my 16:10 monitor I got a crazy fish eye effect, doesn't that mean that the FOV has been increased Horisontally?

It doesn't matter which way the FOV is increased, you are increasing the FOV and will encounter stretching.

I picked this game up the other day at launch. This is great news that it natively supports any resolution.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2010, 11:53 
Editors
Editors

I had the game preordered, and I completely finished the game in triplehead, no strange behavior of any sort, the only HUD in this game is the inventory screen, which is perfectly centered. Much like HL2, there are no cut scenes, everything is rendered in real time.

And I'm not sure what's wrong with his setup, I have a wimpy 5670 and I finished the game on medium to high settings at 40-60 FPS.

And this is not a source engine game, it's an in-house engine, HPL, I think.

And the demo is free, so if anyone has 1920 x 1080, please test it, I have no reason to think it wouldn't work though.

Is this game OpenGL only?

I bet it is, because there are ports for Linux and Mac.

The view angle on your 16:10 & multi-mon gameplay shots is identical, so how come the 4:3 shot is different ? ;)
You could also take screenies showing the hand cursor, and thus demonstrate the "HUD"'s behavior at the same time.

Regarding the 4:3 shot, I must have moved the mouse or something.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2010, 17:05 

I'm new, so sorry if this is a dumb question, but is there any way to get this game running at 852 x 480?

The games runs well enough for me at 800 x 600, but the image is stretched on my widescreen monitor, and when I turn it up to 1280 x 800 the frame rate chugs enough to be distracting. My card is a Radeon HD 4200.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2010, 21:03 

And the demo is free, so if anyone has 1920 x 1080, please test it, I have no reason to think it wouldn't work though.

I have the full game and I'm playing it at 1920x1080, so it definitely works. :D

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2010, 02:58 
Editors
Editors

[quote]And the demo is free, so if anyone has 1920 x 1080, please test it, I have no reason to think it wouldn't work though.

I have the full game and I'm playing it at 1920x1080, so it definitely works. :D

Awesome, I was fairly certain it would. Will update DR to reflect that.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 04:06 

Hmm this game works for me in surround, but FPS is unplayable, 12fps or worse. Something is very wrong. SLI 480s should not have a problem with what seems to be a source engine game. Runs fine on one monitor though.

Same here with SLI 275's, 15FPS, 28 at the main menu. Also experiencing some flickering in the profile selection screen.

EDIT: Rename Amnesia.exe to Penumbra.exe.

Although I am getting some strange flickering. Some lights, shadows and the inventory flicker.
I figured the engines had to be similar to peneumbra, and the custom made profiles for Amnesia did not 'take'.

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 21:35 

If possible, have you tried deactivating SLI mode when running the game?

If you can't do that with SLI, then just ignore this post, I don't have any experience with SLI/CrossFire. :oops:

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2010, 21:47 

I tried the demo and it worked perfectly for the first launch, but after I changed some settings and restarted as it asked me to do, the game won't start anymore. It just shows blackscreen for a moment and then the whole UI dissapears as well as my mouse cursor on Windows. I had to use keyboard to navigate taskmanager to shut it down. Now, even if I remove the game settings from my documents the game doesn't work. :(

I'm running Eyefinity with 5850.

EDIT:

For some reason a reboot seem to fix it. :?

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2010, 07:46 
Editors
Editors

[quote]Hmm this game works for me in surround, but FPS is unplayable, 12fps or worse. Something is very wrong. SLI 480s should not have a problem with what seems to be a source engine game. Runs fine on one monitor though.

Same here with SLI 275's, 15FPS, 28 at the main menu. Also experiencing some flickering in the profile selection screen.

EDIT: Rename Amnesia.exe to Penumbra.exe.

Although I am getting some strange flickering. Some lights, shadows and the inventory flicker.
I figured the engines had to be similar to peneumbra, and the custom made profiles for Amnesia did not 'take'.
Yes, it is built on the Penumbra HPL engine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next