Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 11:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 20:15 
Insiders
Insiders

the potential should be certified the only thing it got wrong was one odd res that almost no one uses any way

1280x768 is used by some laptop users, and by 17" widescreens. If the game doesn't support their resolution natively, then it can't be certified. Since it only gets one thing wrong and it's a relatively minor thing, the highest grade it can get is a B+.

the lack of 1280x768 i think is more the fault of OpenGLs native display modes then any thing else

It's still id's fault for taking a shortcut and using OpenGL's default list instead of doing the right thing and generating a list of available resolutions from the graphic card drivers.

even windows doesnt fully support that res

Sure it does. I used to have a 17" widescreen monitor, and I had it for a few years. Windows supported 1280x768 on that monitor every bit as "fully" as it supports 1920x1200 on my current one.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 20:24 

This is just a demo right? :roll:

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2007, 20:35 
Insiders
Insiders

Just a demo. If the full version does anything differently, then it should be reported here so the grade can be updated accordingly.