Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 10:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2005, 21:21 

I just activated my account for WOW online yesterday and they provide Widescreen at 1920 x 1200 resolution, in fact they provide a ton of different resolutions to pick from, nice Blizzard, they are awesome.

I get the smoothest framerate I have ever received while playing an online game, NO LAG whatsoever no matter where I go in this game and no matter how many people are in my area. Blizzard really knows how to make stuff, these guys are good at what they do.

Of course the visuals are not as good as EQ2, the visuals in WOW are cartoonish looking and this is what I believe leads to a very frame rate friendly online experience. Again Blizzard was brilliant in deciding to dumb down the graphics.

No AF or AA turned on, you don't need it, not at this resolution, let me repeat turn off AF or AA if you have the capability--you do not need this crap playing at 1920 x 1200. Okay let the debating begin, hahahha

No, I do not have everything "maxed out" in the options menu for this game. I didn't even try to do that yet cuz the game runs so smooth the way it is so why bother when I know I won't get any upgrade in visuals whatsoever, I know this cuz I am a veteran of online games.

Now when I play City of Villains at widescreen and 1920 x 1200 oh man I get lag big time when in a group and in a fight, actually depending on what map you are playing on, just so much going on when in a fight in City of Villains- so much graphical color and things going on with all the powers available to everyone, its very intensive on a system that online game thats for sure but its worth it- the best online experience by far out of all the online games as far as visual effects go. It's no contest, City of Villains is by far the best looking visual effects around.

Pentium 4 3.0ghz cpu, Radeon X850 XT video card, 2gigs of RAM

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2005, 22:27 

I just activated my account for WOW online yesterday and they provide Widescreen at 1920 x 1200 resolution, in fact they provide a ton of different resolutions to pick from, nice Blizzard, they are awesome.

I get the smoothest framerate I have ever received while playing an online game, NO LAG whatsoever no matter where I go in this game and no matter how many people are in my area. Blizzard really knows how to make stuff, these guys are good at what they do.

Of course the visuals are not as good as EQ2, the visuals in WOW are cartoonish looking and this is what I believe leads to a very frame rate friendly online experience. Again Blizzard was brilliant in deciding to dumb down the graphics.

No AF or AA turned on, you don't need it, not at this resolution, let me repeat turn off AF or AA if you have the capability--you do not need this crap playing at 1920 x 1200. Okay let the debating begin, hahahha

No, I do not have everything "maxed out" in the options menu for this game. I didn't even try to do that yet cuz the game runs so smooth the way it is so why bother when I know I won't get any upgrade in visuals whatsoever, I know this cuz I am a veteran of online games.

Now when I play City of Villains at widescreen and 1920 x 1200 oh man I get lag big time when in a group and in a fight, actually depending on what map you are playing on, just so much going on when in a fight in City of Villains- so much graphical color and things going on with all the powers available to everyone, its very intensive on a system that online game thats for sure but its worth it- the best online experience by far out of all the online games as far as visual effects go. It's no contest, City of Villains is by far the best looking visual effects around.

Pentium 4 3.0ghz cpu, Radeon X850 XT video card, 2gigs of RAM

Your problem with COV is shader 3.0 which is not working properly with the ATI driver. Wait for 5.13 and it should be fixed.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2006, 02:34 

CoH's framerates took a big hit when CoV was released. The graphical load is much higher due to some of the new effects they added to the game (bloom, etc...). I also think that the addition of ragdoll physics also helps to bring the framerate down.

WoW on the other had runs great for me and my modest 6800GT at 1920x1200. I have yet to feel the effects of any slowdowns. Of course I havent been in any 40+ player raids or anything like that.