Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 07:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2006, 12:00 
Editors
Editors

I jus saw this in a developer interview over here.
No third person for the pc version at this moment but it seems like the developer is hassitating.
Maybe there is still a change we get third person in the pc version. :)

Is there only FPV in MP? If there are other views, can the server force the view?

There is no 3rd person or OTS view in GRAW for PC in either SP or MP games. It is all 1st person.

Will we be stuck with the First Person Weapon View (FPWV)? If it is kept as an option, will the player have a setting to override a servers setting of FPWV so it cannot be forced on a player? That is one thing I personally could not stand about Raven Shield.

For SP it will be FPWV only, but there will be iron sights. The weapon pops up in to iron sights to zoom in to for more accurate aiming.

While talking with Bo about the FPWV and expressing a dislike for it (and not just mine but also others), he started brainstorming right there in the press booth. We talked about options with the weapon view and he added it to his PDA/phone for researching it further

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2006, 14:59 

Yea, as a true GR fan I look forward very much to GRAW. I've been playing GRAW on my DEll 2405 in res 1920x1200 using a Radeon X850 XT (256 mb) PE and it is great! :D

Now I'm just worried about the requirements to run GRAW in that same native res... :?

I guess it requires SLI or crossfire to get a deacent detail level + a PPU (the developer indicated that SLI or Crossfire might be needed at http://www.ghostrecon.net)...
But perhaps a single Radeon X1900 512 MB will do it?

My plan is to wait and see until there are some benchmarks performed (I hope GRAW will be used as a new reference for benchmarks) before I upgrade. I guess I'll have to turn the res down until then...

Any knowledgeble tech guy out there who wan'ts to make a qualified guess?

Yea of course I meant that I currently play GR in res 1920 x 1200...not GRAW, sry for the typo

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2006, 15:08 

I guess it requires SLI or crossfire to get a deacent detail level + a PPU (the developer indicated that SLI or Crossfire might be needed at http://www.ghostrecon.net)...

Wow, if that was indeed the case if would definitely be hard-core...but it might just tempt me go out and get the xbox 360 instead. btw - can someone update me on the main differances b/w the 360 and pc version? I'm finding myself more and more tempted these days to sample console versions.... :wink:

GRAW for XBox and PC are very different games... in short, GRAW for PC will be a FPS view only & more tactic and stealth and less straightforward run'n'gun, but the most important thing is that in a FPS you need a mouse and keypad (in my opinion) to get the real feel.
More info of the different platform versions including a lot of posts from the developers (of GRAW PC) can be found at http://www.ghostrecon.net

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2006, 15:20 

i so hope the developers include 3rd person. Watching your animations is great and adds to the atmosphere. Besides, there are enough FPS's in 1st person... be (somewhat) original GRAW! :D

Yea of course I meant that I currently play GR in res 1920 x 1200...not GRAW, sry for the typo

Hehe... don't worry... that was the best April Fools day joke -- you had me. :D

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2006, 15:28 
Editors
Editors

... but the most important thing is that in a FPS you need a mouse and keypad (in my opinion) to get the real feel.

I sooooo totally agree ... :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2006, 00:57 

The lack of mouse/keyboard support in games on the 360 is what is keeping me from buying it at this time. Although I may give in and get one for playing my sports games (the PS2 is getting a bit dated now.)