Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 17:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2006, 04:29 

I have this sitting around for my Xbox somewhere, just never got around to playing it. If it's truly better on PC (less on the bugs etc) then I may just considering picking it up for said platform and actually playing it.

yup....and on IGN, they have a video review of it talking of some of the fixed bugs in the PC version compared to the xbox version

or maybe its at http://www.gametrailers.com

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2006, 06:37 

Excellent news, that. I may just have to purchase the PC version when I upgrade my RAM.

For those of us who found the story inspiring, let's make sure we talk about this one! I for one want a sequel, and that doesn't seem likely to happen unless word-of-mouth succeeds in upping the popularity of this title.

I think the addition of Advent to Steam is an indication that the developers/publishers are still hoping to do well enough with this title.

Shorah.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006, 03:17 

I know that this game got panned by reviewers, and although I have yet to finish it, I really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006, 15:02 

i really wanna see the sequel as well

when i first got the game, i didn't know that there was gonna be a sequel till....well i dont wanna ruin it for the ppl who havent played/still playing it yet..so i won't reveal anything :D

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2006, 15:06 
Editors
Editors

I know that this game got panned by reviewers, and although I have yet to finish it, I really enjoyed it.

Lots of games, like lots of films, get slammed by the critics, and are really good. Many games and films that critics say are wonderful, actually suck.

You can't trust anyone, nowadays. ;) :lol:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2006, 14:20 

it's a nice game, huge potential but maybe not implemented in it's fullness. anyway, solid gameplay, good story, too bad they are not going to finish the trilogy.

i actually enjoyed the cutscenes very much. whole game seemed like a movie with playable parts.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2006, 20:54 

Why do you say they're not finishing the series?

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2006, 13:54 

are they?
AFAIK, nobody is developing advent rising 2.
you maybe have some further info on this matter?

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2006, 16:45 

I loved the game, but then again I am still stuck on a 17" monitor and so I don't have a problem with resolutions. The whole story to the game was fun. This is just my .02c though.

~jtjuska

PostPosted: 04 Oct 2006, 07:34 

No, I don't have any more info myself. We'll have to wait and see. Possibly this is a project the developers will sit upon for a while.