Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 20:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2007, 20:11 

Pay no attention to the few critiques on this forum about WoW's widescreen implementation. Anyone who has actually played WoW in widescreen will tell you that it's much better than at 4:3.

I bought my widescreen monitor over 2 years ago particularly for WoW. Back then my Dell 2005FPW was damn expensive (and I don't make much money and am generally a bit stingy), but it was definitely worth it, imho. Widescreen's great in WoW as it lets you use lots of UI addons and chat windows without blocking up your view.

Yeah, I was about to chime in with the same thing. WoW is one game where the vert- nature doesn't bother me, for exactly the reasons outlined above. Even though you're seeing slightly less of the world, you have a lot more room for UI stuff. I always felt like a large percentage of my screen was occupied by UI junk before I went to widescreen. Now I have enough real estate for it to properly spread out and not obstruct my view.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 02:46 

Bah...

Stick with a 4:3. They are supported by EVERY game out there! Widescreen is just a fad... like parachute pants and bell bottoms. Within 2 years, we will all be going back to 4:3 or 5:4 monitors and we will be like "wow! I can see so much more ground and sky!"

Mark my words...

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 16:33 
Editors
Editors

Bah...

Stick with a 4:3. They are supported by EVERY game out there! Widescreen is just a fad... like parachute pants and bell bottoms. Within 2 years, we will all be going back to 4:3 or 5:4 monitors and we will be like "wow! I can see so much more ground and sky!"

Mark my words...
:w00t ... I love it ... :lol:

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 16:47 
Editors
Editors

Yea, you shouldn't really ask a question like that here. You're bound to get a biased reply. No one here really likes widescreen at all.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 16:52 

Off course you should make the jump to widescreen. I personally think it'll become the new standard.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 20:39 

buy huge 4:3 for gaming

however, i am glad i choosed 16:10 over 4:3

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2007, 22:02 

i used to have a square screen and i thought it was awesome, then i went to widescreen dell 24, and i got to tell you that looking threw this to a square = annoying. it's just so small looking.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2007, 00:13 

Bah...

Mark my words...

This is the same guy who said TV was just a fad... stick to Radio!!! lol

Same guy who said automobiles are a fad, dont worry in ten years we will all be riding horse and buggies still.

Why don't you save us all the agony of future posts and just write your manifesto on how you hate technology and how it is corrupting the world

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 01:11 

[quote]Bah...

Mark my words...

This is the same guy who said TV was just a fad... stick to Radio!!! lol

Same guy who said automobiles are a fad, dont worry in ten years we will all be riding horse and buggies still.

Why don't you save us all the agony of future posts and just write your manifesto on how you hate technology and how it is corrupting the world

Wow...

you are pretty thick Jetsonic.

It's called sarcasm you twit.

Seriously... this is the second time in a short period where you are attacking my posts. You honestly can't be this stupid can you?

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2007, 01:28 

Poor Gabbo. :lol:

We really are trying to overcome our bigotism together aren't we Gabbo.

So, how iare you going with the AASTA group? (Antitechnology-Antisamentic-Stuckin-yesteryear-Technophobics-Anonymous.) I hear the Doctor said we will be learning how to embrace the Futa this week. Which ward are we meeting in this week? I hope its the one near the medicine store, again, we found of heaps of cool stuff in thier last time, until we saw the infurnal techno-evil type writer in the corner...oh how scary was that. Didn't we run!