Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 00:57

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 09:10 

I was talking with a guy on another board, and said he had the same problem with the controls being to sensitive. I don't know why mine has the huge delay. Once it does finally move I always majorly over steer and slam in to the wall or run off the road. So, its not that it is under sensitive, it's just super laggy.

PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 10:30 
Insiders
Insiders

:?:

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 16:58 

The PC version seems to control liek tis on ice. its outta control. I downloaded the demo on my friends 360 and played it, MUCH more stable control wise.

PostPosted: 29 May 2007, 04:19 

The guy on the other board had the 360 version. I guess it is the PC version. I tried my wheel and the keyboard, and they are both undirveable.

Post subject: Controls
PostPosted: 29 May 2007, 20:23 

About controls. Its not too sensitive. Ran game in ultra and medium settings. In ultra first impression was that its way too sensitive. But the truth is that graphics settings make controls lag or FPS is just too low. Then playing in medium everything was OK, controls react as they should or a least its pretty OK, ofcourse its still arcade, but fun.

Try lowering graphics.

Was running smooth on 4000+, 2GB, GF7900GS (Heat-Piped) with graphics set to high.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2007, 08:24 

I thought about the graphics settings, but even with everything turned down as low as it can go it's still has the delay. I tried with two wheels and the keyboard now. I didn't try a gamepad, and I don't intend to. I have no desire to play with a gamepad.

Unless I hear the controls have been majorly refined it the full version I will be passing. It looking good isn't much use if its unplayable. :(

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2007, 16:06 

I found the game controls pretty much identically to the 360 version on my system. Of course I am using the 360 controller on the PC, but it plays just lke the 360 demo. It just looks better on the PC because it is displaying at true 1080p.

I imagine a low framerate is going to feel like "ice-skating", but it runs and feels right to me. There are also a lot of options as far as adjusting the sensitivity and dead-zones on your controllers. Perhaps you need to increase the deadzone to lessen the sensitivity.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2007, 14:20 

There is definitely a controller issue with this game. Seems to have been programmed for the 360 controller and most everything else really messes up the handling.

I can confirm this because playing the PC game on my friends system with a 360 controller is simply awesome and perfectly normaly control. My system with my Rumblepad2 is too sensitive and I'm constantly battling fishtailing all over the straight aways.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2007, 03:22 

Figures :roll: , I didn't buy a $250 wheel, so I could be forced to use a $25 gamepad. I'm Definitely not getting it now.