Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 00:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 17:13 
Insiders
Insiders

It wasn't so much mouse lag as it was keyboard lag. And running it at medium fixed the problem (at the expense of image quality). So are there any other things it could be aside from that joystick var? I'll test it as soon as I can (I don't think my friend is computer-savvy enough to perform an .ini mod by himself), but both me and my friend have been pretty busy lately and it's been weeks since I've visited. I'll try to get myself invited next weekend, but until then, the more contingency plans, the better.

Also, what about outdoor slowdown? Any things I should try to do to resolve that?

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 17:27 

Also, what about outdoor slowdown? Any things I should try to do to resolve that?

The grass density is the biggest performance killer outside. You could disable grass for a huge jump in performance (also a huge hit to visual quality). There are some mods out there that shorten the grass which helps with performance.

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2007, 17:52 

[quote]Also, what about outdoor slowdown? Any things I should try to do to resolve that?

The grass density is the biggest performance killer outside. You could disable grass for a huge jump in performance (also a huge hit to visual quality). There are some mods out there that shorten the grass which helps with performance.

I'm not sure how much shortening it helps FPS, but thinning it out 50% helps a lot and still looks pretty good.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2007, 03:31 

It wasn't so much mouse lag as it was keyboard lag. And running it at medium fixed the problem (at the expense of image quality). So are there any other things it could be aside from that joystick var? I'll test it as soon as I can (I don't think my friend is computer-savvy enough to perform an .ini mod by himself), but both me and my friend have been pretty busy lately and it's been weeks since I've visited. I'll try to get myself invited next weekend, but until then, the more contingency plans, the better.

Here are two pages that've helped me, they both contain heaps of tweaks to fine tune how Oblivion runs:

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=36222
http://www.tweakguides.com/Oblivion_1.html

Outdoor slowdown is just part of the game, but you might be able to minimise it by tweaking the cell and grid variables.