Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Bioshock
PostPosted: 19 Aug 2007, 23:57 
Editors
Editors

Demo downloading from FilePlanet now ... :D

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 00:07 

Here's something I've always wondered... why do we even need to install games? Since most games require the CD to be in the tray, what's the point? Is it supposed to reduce load times?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 00:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Here's something I've always wondered... why do we even need to install games? Since most games require the CD to be in the tray, what's the point? Is it supposed to reduce load times?

You get your first computer today, Matt?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 02:22 

Whom to blame? The average you and me. The PC gamer that is too cool and too clever to pay for a game and insists on either buying an illegal copy at a fraction of the cost, or download a warez version. That's who to blame for the increasing drm in games.

Think of how many people you know, even if not yourself, that have not paid for one or more of their games. It's all their fault too.

Now Steam up, or online activate or whatever.

For those that have the game. How many hours does one need to complete the game? Is there any replayability there?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 02:28 

The game is installed entirely on your HDD.

The CD in the tray is the game verifying that you have a retail copy of the game by checking the security sectors on the DVD/CD. It's just copy protection.

You get your first computer today, Matt?

You're not very nice......... <_< :?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 02:46 

Let's see, whom does drm/cd protection hinder?

Joe 6packs who wouldn't know a cd from a dvd and wouldn't even remotely know where to find a no-cd .exe or virtual cd-image if his life depended on it.

or

The average cracker/pirate/whatever that has a no-cd or image ready to go often weeks before the game even hits the stands.

My bet's on the first, what's yours?

As far as I'm concerned anyone thinking the second has a lot in common with an ostrich wing deep with it's head in the sand.

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 02:56 

Demo downloading from FilePlanet now ... :D
????? WHEREA????

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 04:07 

I got one question,.... are the cheat codes out for this game yet? I'm not gonna go thru this game with limited ammo and limited weaponry

I want god mode and i want it now. I'm buying this game only for the graphics

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 04:16 

As far as I'm concerned anyone thinking the second has a lot in common with an ostrich wing deep with it's head in the sand.

ostrich's dont stick their head in the sand :P

Ontopic: Does anyone have any shots comparing the PC bioshock to xbox and PC dx9 vs dx10 in bioshock?

PostPosted: 20 Aug 2007, 04:20 

Are you kidding me? This game incorporates the decision to murder ten year old girls so you can turn into a superhuman killing machine.

That's right... the little girls in the game have this "juice" that if you slay them or cure them of thier disease you are rewarded determined on whether you killed or saved them.

OMG.... i see parents screaming on this. Hope this game has a mature rating

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next