Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 16:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 23:03 

maybe if the game shipped with motion sickness patch, and some tylenol i could play it for more than 15 min at a time.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 23:08 

Looks like that fix doesn't work then, I've reinstalled the demo and followed my own steps and it doesn't work now, I must have changed something else as well(i've been fiddeling all night)

I'll get back to you guys if I find out more tonight.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 23:13 

Looks like that fix doesn't work then, I've reinstalled the demo and followed my own steps and it doesn't work now, I must have changed something else as well(i've been fiddeling all night)

thanks for trying :D

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 23:19 
Editors
Editors

Yeah ... thanks for your efforts ... and yeah ... please do let us know if you figure something out ... 8)

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 23:32 

with this game, you see less, in same detail, and a distorted POV

No, you don't. Compare a 960x720 screen with a 1280x720 widescreen shot, and you'll see MORE. There are more pixels, and what you're seeing is in greater detail. There's no distorted POV, the projection is just done to maintain a constant horizontal POV.

They developed for 16:9 and opened up the top and bottom for 4:3. If the POV isn't to your liking, that's cool, and hopefully you'll be able to adjust it, but claiming Bioshock doesn't correctly support widescreen is kind of absurd.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 23:44 

Heres a little image I made. Might help you guys educate some people out there (though that seems impossible at times)

And just to hammer the point home that its wrong:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 23:48 
Editors
Editors

"]Heres a little image I made. Might help you guys educate some people out there (though that seems impossible at times)

He-he .. very true ... look at the post above yours ... :roll:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 23:52 

The idea that a moving 2D image is capable of resulting in motion sickness because the scrunched up viewfield implies to our brain different movement than we are used to in a game is not something those who are set against the idea will readily accept. It requires a bit more acceptance that the brain infers more 3D from 2D images and the processes behind motion sickness than most people tend to consider or even think about.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 00:01 

The idea that a moving 2D image is capable of resulting in motion sickness because the scrunched up viewfield implies to our brain different movement than we are used to in a game is not something those who are set against the idea will readily accept. It requires a bit more acceptance that the brain infers more 3D from 2D images and the processes behind motion sickness than most people tend to consider or even think about.

it CAN happen i NEVER get motion sick but i did this last summer coming back from Anime Expo
was watching Macross Plus on the plane back and we hit some rough air
right when i was watching a dog fight in anime BAD THING nearly go sick all over the laptop >.<

whats happening is your brain is getting 3 different queues
your ear is telling you in my case im moving one way
my focused vision is saying some thing else and my side vision says im not moving in relation to things around me

you dont think about it but your mind is taking in a lot of info from your peripheral vision and thats whats happing here some people are more or less senseative to it

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 00:01 

Have them play Battlefield 2 with the hacked in Widescreen for 40 minutes, and see if they still say that. That game more than any other messed me up for the entire day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 81  Next