Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 20:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 04:11 

'progress at the say so of some stranger on a radio'..

just play a bit more your soo close the pay off TRUST ME

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 05:16 

I really enjoyed it the first play through (a LOT), but I lost interest an hour or so into the second run. I hate to say it, but it definitely is a better rental (for 360 users anyway) than it is for a full price game. Nevertheless, I like the Big Daddy figurine that I got with my PC Collectors Edition, and perhaps there will be mods from the online community sometime.

There won't be any mods besides that one difficulty mod because 2K now denies that an Editor was ever promised to be released, hence there won't BE one.

(It was promised by the developing studios AND a loading splash screen for the Editor exists in your Bioshock install files.)

They doomed their own game through flaws, failure to communicate, NO after-support for pc gamers, and NO MOD support, a game that NEEDED mod support to live longer than 5 months.

Guess what? The game is already forgotten without mods.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 17:52 
Editors
Editors

It taught me to trust NO review

Pretty much.

Reviewers are often almost fanboy-obsessed about some games, and others have been bought off... so in the end the only opinions I care to listen to are those of people I know personally and trust, and my own opinion. ;)

And what? You expected an editor? :cry:

When it's taken 2k Games three months to release a patch that probably didn't take them more than five minutes to make, you expect them to support a single-player only game with an editor so that "the community" can extend its life? When the people with money have already expressed a desire for more games, a film... hell, probably even a "Rapture" breakfast cereal by now...? :roll:

:lol:

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 21:00 

'progress at the say so of some stranger on a radio'..

just play a bit more your soo close the pay off TRUST ME

Mate I knew the spoilers the week the game was out (they were posted all over the forums) I really don't care much for the story, also all I heard was it had 2 (or 3) crap endings which is hardly incentive. I don't care who my dad is or who dies I just want to feel like I'm actually enjoying the time I spend sitting playing games while my life ebbs away.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 21:02 

[
And what? You expected an editor? :cry:

When it's taken 2k Games three months to release a patch that probably didn't take them more than five minutes to make, you expect them to support a single-player only game with an editor so that "the community" can extend its life? When the people with money have already expressed a desire for more games, a film... hell, probably even a Rapture breakfast cereal by now...? :roll:

:lol:

I didn't expect an editor? what you talking about I never mentioned one. I don't care about an editor and I never cared about it having no multiplayer, I did care about the game I bought for the 'amazing single player experience' was nothing like described in reviews and previews yet not one reviewer (except gamecritics I think) had the nerve to actually say it.

edit > ok, I see you were addressing someone else with the 'editor' post. ;)

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 21:25 
Editors
Editors

I did care about the game I bought for the 'amazing single player experience' was nothing like described in reviews and previews yet not one reviewer (except gamecritics I think) had the nerve to actually say it.

Yeah, each and every review I saw, save the Zero Punctuation one, spent so much time kissing Bioshock's arse that I was surprised they didn't catch something nasty.

It's all very well to be enthusiastic about something, but for cryin' out loud... Bioshock was overdoing it on the praise.

Actually, it's similar to many of the reviews I saw for Half-Life 2 etc...

edit > ok, I see you were addressing someone else with the 'editor' post. ;)

Yes, yes I was. ;)

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 05:39 

The game, if one can allow oneself to enjoy it, is a very entertaining piece of interactive fiction.

Its not a highly technical game as far as aiming like bf2.

Its not an uber graphics hog like crysis.

I think the way the meshed the diaries with the overall ambience and scenery was like nothing i'd ever seen before in a game.

Cynicism kills bioshock, but enjoyed it can be.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 18:01 

The game, if one can allow oneself to enjoy it, is a very entertaining piece of interactive fiction.

I think the way the meshed the diaries with the overall ambience and scenery was like nothing i'd ever seen before in a game.

It's really not that innovative when you've played System Shock 2, but I'm guessing many of the XBOX 360 users never have so that's probably why they lapped it up.

I have to say I did enjoy it for a while, but I lost patience, I don't usually pay £30 on a game just to hate on it, but I can't find anything really redeeming in BioShock. IMO they spent far too much time on insignificant details right down to some nonsense about the philosphy of objectivism, that they forgot they were making a game.

Some basics were completely missed, coupled with the fact its been 83 days with no sign of an update barring an activation revoke tool (don't even get me started), numerous awful Big Daddy halloween costumes and a sh*t soundtrack. woo.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 20:05 
Editors
Editors

[quote]The game, if one can allow oneself to enjoy it, is a very entertaining piece of interactive fiction.

It's really not that innovative when you've played System Shock 2, but I'm guessing many of the XBOX 360 users never have so that's probably why they lapped it up.

I have to say I did enjoy it for a while, but I lost patience, I don't usually pay £30 on a game just to hate on it, but I can't find anything really redeeming in BioShock. IMO they spent far too much time on insignificant details right down to some nonsense about the philosphy of objectivism, that they forgot they were making a game.

Some basics were completely missed, coupled with the fact its been 83 days with no sign of an update barring an activation revoke tool (don't even get me started), numerous awful Big Daddy halloween costumes and a sh*t soundtrack. woo.
Gotta say I mostly agree with superman here. I mean, it was billed as an FPS-RPG.

You what?

FPS, sure. RPG, no frickin' way in hell.

A light/dark choice that only has one real effect does not an RPG make.

If Bioshock was an RPG, then the definition of RPG has been vastly mauled in the last year.

And... actually, while I'd say it wasn't 'technical' in the way BF2 was/is... I'd definitely say that it was a system hog at the time. It still is, it's just that it's been superceded by the even bigger system hog that is Crysis. ;)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2007, 10:28 

What you think after 3 years of waiting and shaking with excitement as I loaded up this 'spiritual successor to System SHock 2' that I was cynical at the start? no way, I assumed it would be great, and I wouldn't hear a bad word about it in the lead up hype.

It was the general lack of gameplay and boring/chore like repetitive enemy dispatching that killed the fun way before the story had chance to entice me in.

And that's what it boils down to, it's the Art Deco version of 'whack a mole', hampered by bad controls, poor widescreen and nothing other than the story to compell you to continue... there are no new enemies, no variety... it's just completely stuck up it's own backside and takes itself far too seriously and it shows (as does 2k's attitude) that they think their 'amazing story' will make up for the lack of gameplay and poor ergonomics but it doesn't, only to the very shallow of thought.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next