Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 17:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 01:07 

Any way to change the FOV in this game? Playing at 19x10 btw.

Seems switching to 4:3 keeps the same FOV making everything tall.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 03:46 

its a demo...Don't destroy it yet.

its short...but the point is good. its an FPS that allows you to switch between team members all that have unique guns/powers. its entertaining, demonic and slightly scary. Controls will take some getting used to but overall I give it hope

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 08:50 

EDIT: Never mind, fixed.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 09:14 
Editors
Editors

Hi Guys ... just thought I'd mention ...
If you have an SLi system you can almost double your frame rate by setting the SLi Performance mode to Force alternate frame rendering 2 in the nVidia control Settings ...

Frame rate top right ...

Single-GPU

Force alternate frame rendering 2

Seems a much better engine than the UT3 engine to me ... Horz+ widescreen ... FSAA ... (but I hope I'm wrong ... :P )
There is some lovely use of depth of field blurring ... amongst lots of other eye candy and great fps ... 8)

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 09:26 

Yeah it is very good looking. Excuse the 4:3.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 13:11 
Editors
Editors

Looks nice, but my Graphics card cries.

Also it's a bit weird. And dark. I didn't know where the hell i was even with my flashlight on. And when fighting with the bird with the sword, i couldn't really figure out if i was hitting them or they were hitting me most of the time. It was just a case of click till one of us falls over.

BTW, thought I'd add that the self-extracting demo .exe wouldn't unpack for me. It would throw up an "Out of Disk Space" error for some reason. So i just manually unpacked the contents with WinRAR then ran the Setup.exe.
Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone has the same problem.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 19:37 

I loved the demo,and cant wait to buy it !!! Undying was brilliant and this looks incredible,excellent graphics and fun gameplay.A nice morbid twist on the FPS.

Performance is just excellent on my system.

19x12 maxxed with 2x AA and 16X AF is smooth as butter.The Mercury engine is very very well optimized and runs well.I had zero crashes or anomalies throughtout my 5 run throughs.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 20:04 

PhysicalAspectRatio = 1.777778 ### Physical aspect ratio

Found a way to sort of fix the FOV issue. Line above this text is what you need to look for in game.cfg file. I changed that 1.777 (16:9) value to 2.2 and game feels much better when I play now at 19x10 res.

C:Documents and SettingsDestroyApplication DataCodemastersClive Barker's Jericho Demogame.cfg

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2007, 20:06 

My only beef graphics wise is that it was a bit too dark and hard to see detail on my display. Curse LCDs and their poor contrast ratios. That said Undying was plenty scary without being pitch black. Actually many areas in that game were quite well lit, so I'm not sure why seems games have to be dark to be scary these days.

In any case, it wasn't really scary, just gorey, but otherwise I kind of liked it. Definitely a very average game, but my kind of average.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 00:45 

Have to give a thumbs down. Tried the demo and there were one or two nice effects, but overall ... meh. Seemed very console-ish, especially with the insane Press Left, Right, Down sequence ... I could never figure out what those buttons corresponded with on my keyboard so I died over and over again ... but even before that, the whole atmosphere of the game just seemed kind of silly (I liked the exploding heads though). Mouse control was very floaty. With Bioshock out now and Crysis coming soon, there are much, much better games out there IMO. Sorry to go against the grain on this one, but I gotta go against the grain on this one.