Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 20:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Crysis leaked
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2007, 23:30 

most are console ports any way so they already made there money on the console ver

That is not true. Developing a game for a console requires a lot more startup money. Most PC games do not have console counterparts.

Oblivion WiC and Supcom prove you dont need heavy handed copy protection to make money

Bioshock, Splinter Cell, quoting the exceptions clouds the issue.

why cant PC games be like consoles in that they dont need to be installed
or just have a very small install like back years ago
then run off the DVD

That would be a disaster. Long load times, smaller games, etc

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 01:20 

and ill approve of the piracy of any game with draconian copy protection

i think Steam is the right model here

also note the there was an artical that said some thing like non-DRM online music sales out numbered DRM infected ones 4 to 1

people dont want shitty DRM in there games, music or movies
then theres the fact you can tell till you open the game what its using and if you dont like it you cant take it back real fare there

i wish EA a fast death and 2k can join them if they do this again
and i will pirate any game EA or 2k publish

on the other hand ill buy any game that is ether on steam(with no other copy protection it WHY DID BIOSHOCK ON STEAM EVEN NEED THAT SHIT?)
or that atlest makes a compromise like WIC or removes it after a few weeks

i can see having it to sell more at first but once its cracked it should be removed its not doing any one any thing

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 03:10 

Piracy is for the person who wants to play free games and accepts the dangers that go along with it (consciously or unconsciously)

Buying games in stores is for the person who is fine with paying for games with the satisfaction that he helped fund the companies who produce them and doesn't want to live with the immense risk of getting penalized by the law.

It's like speeding. If someone speeds they get to the place they're going faster but could get caught. If you obey the limit you get to the place slower but don't have to worry about the police.

Now if anti-piracy laws and (most of) the DMCA was enforced, everyone (who doesn't steal games 24/7) would be a lot happier.....

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 04:22 

If you obey the limit you get to the place slower but don't have to worry about the police.

Eh, still might have to worry about being pulled over on suspicion of DWB.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 05:13 
Insiders
Insiders

DWB.

:shock: :shock: LOL :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 07:42 

[quote]DWB.

:shock: :shock: LOL :shock: :shock:

PUMCODOXPURSACOMLOPAR it!
http://www.littleknownfactsshow.com/words.html

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 12:00 

I agree. People who pirate games will always pirate. If a game cannot be pirated when they want it they will just wait for it. :roll:

And no one buys a game when they could pirate it instead.

<
@ Sakatei
m sorry, but you don't know if any of that is true and i definitely proved you wrong on the "No one buys a game when they could pirate it instead as i buy all of my games and will never pirate unless something horribly wrong happens financially. At the very least, ill buy from Ebay.

I also don't agree with the statement that all devs love what they do. All the more reason to give them a reward.
>

@ Anyone
Game dev can be very hard work. Google the "A.I." for tic-tac-toe ( .txt AI tic-tac-toe) and see if that looks fun to build. I've preached about paying a little more for games to get what i want for on a few occasions.

On the other hand, if someone who cannot afford the game wants the game and wouldn't otherwise contribute money to the devs, don't they deserve the same type of endorphin flow as you?

I'd be interested to know the demographic of those that pirate and more specifically, what percent are low income families. I realize this could get into a debate about the purpose of an economic system, but about are just part-arbitrary thoughts, not trying to make a political statement.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 17:41 

Should a man not be entitled to the sweat from his brow???

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 18:59 

Should a man not be entitled to the sweat from his brow???

not if it hes going to install a root kit in my PC with out telling me first

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 20:08 
Editors
Editors

For anyone who cares, I got dispatch notification today for my pre-order of Crysis.

With any luck, I'll have it in my hands (and quickly thereafter installed on my PC) tomorrow.

Provided the post doesn't mess me up again...

...God, I haven't been this enthusiastic about a PC game since C&C: Tib Sun! :D

Dammit.

I hated Tib Sun.

This doesn't bode well.

Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next