Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 20:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Crysis leaked
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 22:11 

Should a man not be entitled to the sweat from his brow???

No says the man at Sierra, it belongs to the POOR.

No says the man at VALVe, it belongs to GOD.

No says the man at EA, it belongs to EVERYONE.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2007, 22:37 

@ Sakatei
m sorry, but you don't know if any of that is true and i definitely proved you wrong on the "No one buys a game when they could pirate it instead as i buy all of my games and will never pirate unless something horribly wrong happens financially. At the very least, ill buy from Ebay.

I was being sarcastic. You are agreeing with me.

No says the man at Sierra, it belongs to the POOR.

No says the man at VALVe, it belongs to GOD.

No says the man at EA, it belongs to EVERYONE.

No says the man at Interplay, it belongs to.....wait a minute.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 00:50 
Insiders
Insiders

On the other hand, if someone who cannot afford the game wants the game and wouldn't otherwise contribute money to the devs, don't they deserve the same type of endorphin flow as you?

Who are these people who can't afford an occasional game? And how do they afford the $300 graphics card upgrades necessary to play them and the broadband connection necessary to download them?

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 04:14 

Good point, if i got an inference correctly, but i could imagine a lot of situations where that situation "might" pan out.

But....hehehe....In an attempt to refresh my brain and do some economic math, i attempted to Google % of broadband households (50%), the poverty rate(12%) and the average US hourly wage, which is 17.55 (.55 more than i make!!), as of October 07, i thought it was like 10!!! So my opinions are probably all Fubar!!! HAHAHAHA ....:cry:

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 04:25 

On the other hand, if someone who cannot afford the game wants the game and wouldn't otherwise contribute money to the devs, don't they deserve the same type of endorphin flow as you?

Who are these people who can't afford an occasional game? And how do they afford the $300 graphics card upgrades necessary to play them and the broadband connection necessary to download them?
by saving money from downloading games.

I'm a sinner in this aspect as well. Mostly because most games nowdays are rather unimpressive I don't waste my time to do more than check them out. its not like pc users can RENT a game.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 05:39 
Insiders
Insiders

If you're saving money by doing this, then that means you would have bought the games otherwise. The whole point of the "too poor to buy games" argument is that they claim they wouldn't have been supporting the devs in the first place. Claiming that you're saving money by downloading kind of works against this point.

Mostly because most games nowdays are rather unimpressive I don't waste my time to do more than check them out. its not like pc users can RENT a game.

That's exactly what demos are for - to allow you to "check them out."

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2007, 08:56 

If you're saving money by doing this, then that means you would have bought the games otherwise. The whole point of the "too poor to buy games" argument is that they claim they wouldn't have been supporting the devs in the first place. Claiming that you're saving money by downloading kind of works against this point.

Mostly because most games nowdays are rather unimpressive I don't waste my time to do more than check them out. its not like pc users can RENT a game.

That's exactly what demos are for - to allow you to "check them out."

and why i call download it an "extened" demo
demos are one thing but i like see more then 5 min of game play if im going to spend money on a game and some games dont have demos

also i would rent PC games if i could but you cant

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2007, 01:28 
Insiders
Insiders

and why i call download it an "extened" demo

It's not at all surprising that a pirate would invent a cute name for something that amounts to stealing.

demos are one thing but i like see more then 5 min of game play if im going to spend money on a game

And if you spend money on a game, you are completely entitled to see more than 5 minutes of it. If not, you're only entitled to play as much as the developers saw fit to give away.

some games dont have demos

That point is irrelevant unless you can honestly claim that you only pirate games that lack demos.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2007, 03:09 
Insiders
Insiders

Makes me think of Soldier of Fortune 3... since i loved SOF and SOF2 oh-so-much, i pre-paid for a copy of it. Since it comes out a week later here in Canada, i decided to download it, as i was impatient to play it.

Boy, am I glad i did! What a shit game. Of course i went to the store and got my money back, and breathed a sigh of relief to not getting ripped-off by this crap game. Piracy may not be kosher, but it DID save me 60 dollars.

oh and i DID, naturally, delete the download. So bad, it's even a waste of bandwidth. I feel sorry for those poor bastards that paid good money for it. Hell, to ANYONE that gets exposed to it, in any manner.

PS - as for Crysis, I ordered it, downloaded it out of impatience, bought it yesterday, and deleted the download..

100% worth the money. hah and worth the money for a new video card to run it :>

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2007, 19:16 

Demos are criminally short, lack options, and often times I have no clue whats it about. I do play some of the demos.

And I was saying how we afford $300 card is because we save money this way! :D

Call it illegal if you want. Argue your way if you want...in the end...I'll still download it. and if I like it. I'll buy it. The only company that has made things worth my money is Epic and Valve. I have legal copies of every UT, Unreal, HL out there. Why? Because they were great games. Heck even my Quake III disk is legit. (I lost it but thats not important) Through time I've bought many games...but how can one handle all the crap thats comming out now? Bittorrent gave me my answer.

Another thing...in the old days you could rent pc games. The idea of piracy wasn't really around until the CD burner. Most Xbox users will admit to renting things. Soooo Think of it as us renting the game...for free...and forever.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next