Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 26 Jun 2024, 14:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2008, 23:53 

[quote]I'm not saying the Orange Box isn't a good deal. It sure would be if you didn't already own most of the games.

Shut your ranting pie-hole. If you ordered the orange box and had duplicates of games, like I had HL2 and Ep1 already, I was able to give those as gifts to another friend on Steam, so the money is not wasted, and handing those out to him, saved him $40, which was $5 less than I paid for the orange box. Stop whining, they invented the gifting system to address money lost like that. Your point has been refuted, also, it works just the same for boxed versions, cept you hand out the disc code rather than the gift on steam.

This is not an invitation to flame, so if you do, I've seen enough that I'll be more than happy to report this thread and your overly aggressive behavior to the nearest mod.Just as a note.

The "gifting" system leaves room for other people to save money, and the Scrooges out there are getting Scrooged (;)) because THEIR money is out of THEIR pockets and into someone else's instead of being refunded. If Valve had released just the new games in a separate package, many more people would have been happy.

And Cynagen, don't you think you're being a little overly aggressive yourself?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 00:58 

The gift system for Orange Box was designed so that you could invite NEW people to Steam to help expand the community. That is it's primary purpose. Being able to gift what you already own is simply a positive "side-effect" of this. Sure you can pay less and get JUST TF2 or JUST Ep 2; but the Orange Box is obviously the "best deal" of them all.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 01:56 

I vote for Crysis.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 11:35 

There's hardly any way to describe just how good of a deal Orange Box can be if one was able to snatch it up for $25 during Best Buy's BF sale. Welp, casted my vote... so...

The vote is a lie!
The vote is a lie!
The vote is a lie!
The vote is a lie!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 14:28 

And Cynagen, don't you think you're being a little overly aggressive yourself?

Thank for the clarity on this one Pyros. Aggression was certainly not my intention and I believe I apologized if I was coming across that way, but the response from Cynagen was uncalled for as I believe your pointing out. Again, thanks.

I vote for Crysis.

Played it and loved it. Although, the heavy HDW reqs and the Blaa ending don't put it up with there with HL2 and Bioshock. Still, a good game.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 14:52 
Editors
Editors

Keep it calm, everyone. ;)

I'm really torn. There are pro's and con's about all of them. I voted for CoD4 as I have very fond memories of the campaign in that. It rocked.

I've begun to get annoyed with the "go to x, grab y, go to z, give y to person at z, get something else, go back to x and give something else to yet another bloke" mechanics of the RPG type in Witcher... so... :(

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 15:29 

what about World in Conflict.

this is by far my favorite game of the year.

i also just finished Cyrsis. the story line is great but the hardware requirements are just deadly.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 15:30 

PS....good to hear from you again.

I've begun to get annoyed with the "go to x, grab y, go to z, give y to person at z, get something else, go back to x and give something else to yet another bloke" mechanics of the RPG type in Witcher... so...

The wonderful world of mission RPG. :lol: :lol:
Playing Witcher right now. After completing Bioshock (3 times) and finnishing up with Crysis, I decided to change genre and go with Witcher. I like it. But tell me, it shows I moved up to level three and have Bronze point to spend on upgrades but have no real clue how to upgrade properly...any hints? :?

Many thanks up front.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 16:16 
Editors
Editors

Likewise, mate.

OK.

You need to talk to someone and select the 'Meditate' option (a picture icon to the left of the text options). Meditate and you'll be able to level up. :)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 16:23 

Ok, I do meditate and get to the screen which shows the levels. But my confusion lies in which screen to upgrade. Also, how do I know what level I am at? I just got to give a shot and see what happens I guess. There are also traits listed off to the left you click on which brings you to another screen similar to the first which I guess allows you to upgrade the paticular trait. It just seems there is a LOT of things to upgrade, not just strength, intelligence and Dexterity...I think :?:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next