Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 11:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Age of Conan Online
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2008, 22:04 

You need tons of memory to make up for the horrible server Client running the game. 64 bit Vista helps alot, high end video card helps, 4gb of system memory helps or more like 8gb or 16gb

Everybody is saying Client side memory leak, poorly coded or whatever. Some people play the game flawlessly so they say, no crashes or lag. lol But the people who can run this game without crashes all got one thing in commong....tons of memory 4gb or ram and more some with 8gb on 64 bit systems, 64 bit central processors Core 2 Duos and Quad cores

I bought a new computer to combat this system memory hog of a game so I will be able to play it later on, in about a week maybe

One time i logged into play and as soon as my character appeared on screen in a city on the mainland...i got bumped from the server to desktop..instantly!

Thats mostly a load of crap. I've never seen Conan use above 1.2-1.4 gigs of memory, usually it's under 1. Try actually checking memory usage before complaining of it using tons of it.

Now if you are experiencing the memory leak you could be going higher, however more memory is not the answer for that as it just delays the inevitable crash.

I'm not sure the game even makes use of dual core, let alone quad. I know it didn't change anything when I went from a dual 2.4 to dual 3.2.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2008, 21:58 

There are people with 8800gtx video cards , 3ghz cpu's, 2gb of system memory, that are having horrible issues with this game. People with 9800 gtx video cards also having issues. The forums and Technical Solution forums at Age of Conan website are littered.....LITTERED with countless people begging, pleading , desperately seeking solutions as to why THIS GAME WON'T RUN properly on minimum specs!

This game is a piece of SHITTTT! Just like Vanguard when it launched

Why in the hell should anyone on this planet try to figure this game out and run it on their computer if they playing other MMO's without any problems at all?...such as Lord of the Rings Online, or World of Warcraft or Guild Wars or City of Heroes

With the added combat that is gonna take getting used to and combine the horrible frame rates and bugs and crash to desktop server Client memory leaks....this game is not gonna make it

This game is done..stick a fork in it..kiss it goodbye. I give this game three months before they pull the plug and sell it to someone

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2008, 22:18 

Can you please point me to a technical support forum that isn't filled with people having problems. Isn't that kind of the point of having such a thing?

The forums are crazy because the game sold over 400k in the first week.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2008, 23:54 

After years of mmos with freaks dancing in their undies you wonder why they're going nuts that one with bare parts won't work right?

Honestly, I'm getting to a point where I'm ashamed to be human.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2008, 13:12 
Editors
Editors

I just cancelled my account with Age of Conan...unplayable after starting zone at Tortage for me...when i get to mainland the frames per second is even worse and horrible memory leaks on the server and i get crashes every few minutes
This game is garbage as is right now. So many complaining on the forums and they have cancelled as well

I will come back after six months...the game is still in Beta lol. This is so typical of MMO's as of late...why isn't this against the law yet? Releasing a game that just isn't finished...it is beyond finished..it's complete shitt

Thats a shame. I love this game, especially after Tortage. Playing it on max, 1920x1200 resolution with 2x AA/16AF and all the distance view toggles on maximum view. Plays smoothly. I'm on European servers, so that might be a reason. There's one bug that I hate, and thats the cotton bug where I cannot get the "¤#¤%%% wisp drop even after many harvests.

Otherwise, its beautiful. :D

I remember WOW, where I got extremely much "disconnected from server" problems regardless of which server I played on (had characters in several servers). It was a charming game to begin with, but extremely boring later.

Vista 64, E6600@2997mhz, 4 gig generic memory, 3870x2 card... Not the most impressive specs, but I get max with playable framerates. A shame they removed the DX10, since the framerates were even better then strangely enough.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2008, 02:54 

I like the game. Very nice, lots to do and graphics are amazing. They got the water right!

I like my conquerer and recently am beginning to enjoy my demonologist.

Look me up on Dagoth if any of you want. I have Meche who is a 21 conquerer and Kiina, a lvl 8 skank demonologist.

I dont have any major gripes about the game. It runs very well with 40+ fps at 1920x1200 reso. I don't like AA turn on- I like it 'crisp'.

And yes Tamlin! I noticed that DX10 setting was removed too! I was like 'WTF'.

Aloha you friggin haoles

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2008, 19:31 

Glub, glub, glub...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201680.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;13

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 19:28 
Editors
Editors

Glub, glub, glub...

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6201680.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;13

Ouch!

I wanted to get it at one point, admittedly because of my new high end system and I knew I could max the game out but didnt have the mula or the time for a MMO and passed.

Looks like it was a good idea to pass.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2008, 23:49 

I bought this game back when it first came out, but overall it felt more like a single-player game with cooperative play than an MMO, most of the content was designed around solo play, and gave very little incentive to play with others, aside from the occasional dungeon, none of which were particularly interesting. The classes were also horribly imbalanced and the PvP content is quite lacking and half-assed, this game was clearly designed from a PvE standpoint, even though it was claimed otherwise. The hack and slash nature of the combat system is also extremely shallow and repetitive, although the finishing moves were entertaining.

The graphics, sound, atmosphere, and quest presentation, were beautiful... but that's about it. Beyond that I didn't see much redeeming value in it.