Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Sep 2024, 17:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 23:03 

http://nzone.com/object/nzone_burnoutparadise_downloads.html

Try it out, Its amazing.

Post subject: Burnout Paradise
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 04:56 
Insiders
Insiders

2 hours, 15 minutes remaining

Dammit, I was planning on going to sleep in about 45 minutes. Well, if I'm lucky, maybe the download will time out around then.
*absolutely hates leaving things unfinished, even if it's along the lines of 98% unfinished*

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 05:05 

Okay so wow, I played online today and this game got 5x better, just screwing around with my friends online was amazing. Then we started doing the coop challenges and holy crap, that was so awesome.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 06:25 

Used to have this for my Xbox 360 before I sold it...the only game I really miss playing :(

Not really liking the PC controls all that much though... :/

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 06:56 

Used to have this for my Xbox 360 before I sold it...the only game I really miss playing :(

Not really liking the PC controls all that much though... :/

Can't you use a controller with the game? That shouldn't be so different from the console versions, should it?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 10:45 

thanks for the heads-up! I would have missed it.

Post subject: Re: Burnout Paradise
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 14:13 
Editors
Editors

Try it out, Its amazing.
Amazing 3 GB download for 30 min of "offline time" allowed. :shock:
Amazing unskippable cut scenes everywhere. :x I understand console kids are the target audience for video games nowadays, and they like lights and props all over their HDTVs but dammit - do they really enjoy being interrupted in their game all the time ??
Amazingly ad-ridden scenery, including giant billboards for 3-way-SLI mainboards; amazing irony for SLI users as the game runs far better in single-card mode atm. :roll:
Amazing menus. Basic in-game customization of options takes an amazing amount of time and patience. :evil:
Amazing SSAO. Your framerate cut by 3 with a single effect. Probably a nice dev toy, but it only feels like the most stupidly useless implementation in a racing game ever.

Other than that, yeah, it's a fun open-ended arcade racer with a nice damage model. I still have no idea if I'll need an online account to play the full boxed game in singleplayer, that's my biggest gripe about the demo. :?

Surround Gaming support is second to none though, and this alone makes BP a remarkable game. :rockout
DaFox don't get me wrong, I was just quoting you for a funny angle to start my post with, that all ;)

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 16:14 

[quote]Try it out, Its amazing.
Amazing 3 GB download for 30 min of "offline time" allowed. :shock:
Amazing unskippable cut scenes everywhere. :x I understand console kids are the target audience for video games nowadays, and they like lights and props all over their HDTVs but dammit - do they really enjoy being interrupted in their game all the time ??
Amazingly ad-ridden scenery, including giant billboards for 3-way-SLI mainboards; amazing irony for SLI users as the game runs far better in single-card mode atm. :roll:
Amazing menus. Basic in-game customization of options takes an amazing amount of time and patience. :evil:
Amazing SSAO. Your framerate cut by 3 with a single effect. Probably a nice dev toy, but it only feels like the most stupidly useless implementation in a racing game ever.

Other than that, yeah, it's a fun open-ended arcade racer with a nice damage model. I still have no idea if I'll need an online account to play the full boxed game in singleplayer, that's my biggest gripe about the demo. :?

Surround Gaming support is second to none though, and this alone makes BP a remarkable game. :rockout
DaFox don't get me wrong, I was just quoting you for a funny angle to start my post with, that all ;)

Yeah, 3GB is because its the full game right there, I was 'in' after 20 minutes though so it should be enough.

I assume that your talking about the take downs, wrecks, taken down scenes?

I don't mind the ad's at all, though really yes with the insane amount of them this game really should be atleast $10 cheaper.

Yeah The menus need some work, Theres also an in game menu by pressing 2 on the numpad (by default) which lets you restart the race among other things. Once you get used to it though, its really no big deal. But yes I agree it still could be much better.

That's the nature of SSAO. I believe they probably had tried adding it and by the time they realized the hurt there really was no reason to remove it.

No you do not need an online EA account to play it, I did like 3 races before creating my account. But Imo having the account is much better, then it saves all your stuff to compare with your friends ect

And yes I understand this game is not perfect, but its still damn good.

TBZ: Yeah this game, plays best with a controller imo. And no this game is exactly like the console versions with great performance on the PC (sans SSAO)

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 18:59 
Editors
Editors

No you do not need an online EA account to play it, I did like 3 races before creating my account.
What about installation ? I don't suppose there's no online activation/DRM thingy ?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2009, 19:24 

[quote]No you do not need an online EA account to play it, I did like 3 races before creating my account.
What about installation ? I don't suppose there's no online activation/DRM thingy ?

SecuROM :/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next