Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 22:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MP game advice pls
PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 09:32 

What's wrong with BF2?

Apart from shethouse widescreen support, I reckon its the most balanced FPS experience out at the moment.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2009, 23:32 

no th2g support

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2009, 00:28 

Not a single good game - not a f***ing single good game out of about 10. Only camping and whoring easy points. Seems like I'm the last person out there who actually wants to have fun instead of winning.

I think you need 2 teaspoons of cement in your next soy latte.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2009, 05:27 

well i think that i don't really care bout your opinion, i mean, unless you could post something constructive here

BTW, theres not many people which can compete with me OFP, i just don't like the development of the last year. So looks like I dont need to harden up, but the cheaters and pointwhorers need to grow balls and fight like men.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2009, 08:19 

That's the way we gotta do it. Just got on there and do your thing, and do it well like i am sure you do.

I know what you mean by the slack jaws and limp wrists out there, but that will be the case in any aspect of life. You cannot escape it, just gotta get on with it.

Throwing the towel though is defeat. Rise up and rise above I say. Sure it's hard, but that's what makes men stand out from the skirts.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2009, 10:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Proj Reality is an awesome mod, not heaps of air whores like in vanilla BF2. However as you say not very TH friendly!

I would put another vote in for ETQW, it is quite complex (and while it lack squads and such BF good stuff) is pretty fun. The sheer scale and complexity makes it hard to camp, from what I have seen. More co-op than other FPSs but not to the same extent as ARMA, PR or BF.

CoD 4/5 are both great games but the random spawn points and lack of squad based play makes it far more twitch (i.e. towards CS:S) than tactical (closer to ARMA/PR). I love it as a game and have sunk many hours into it but we don't play it often in my squad cos it is more solo...really hard to keep your group together. The maps are all quite small, some really tiny and pointless. Don't go for anything but 'friendly fire on' 'cos the other modes end up with MASSIVE grenade spamming.

Now a conquest, squad based, large mapped mod for CoD....droooool

Just my 2cp

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2009, 01:46 

The only thing I really hate about CoD is the spawning system needs a massive overhaul, although basically everything else I love.

If you're looking for a new game and into the CoD series, look at either 2 or 4. Two if you're into WW2 games, four if you're into so-called "modern combat." Five in my opinion is just a poorly made mod for four.