Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 16:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Modern WarFAIL 2
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 23:03 
Insiders
Insiders

I am really enjoying MW2 MP, like MW1 but more intense. Yes, I would wish for all those PC things we had in 1, but that doesn't stop this being a great MP game.. almost an RPG with the level of customisation!

As to OZ and P2P, well I manage it here on the shakey isles and the majority of the guys on the server are Ockers, so I reckon a lot of the time Mime Host is in Oz. My ping is the same as with Dedi servers.. around 120. I am very lucky even with NZ based servers to get less than 100.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2009, 23:17 

All that happens is that they miss out on a really well put together game.

I won't miss on it, or at least not for very long, at some point I expect to either get it for 25% of the price or borrow it ... we'll see ;)

all this is disappointing but there's a lot of games out there anyway, one more or less won't make much of a difference

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 08:40 

This is the best single MW2 related image that i have ever seen. It just makes me smile and oh how true it is.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 16:42 
Insiders
Insiders

That sums up the argument perfectly; problem is that whenever I try to explain the fail to people, they are all console tards who don't know what I'm talking about or why its bad because they've had their head in the sand.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 16:53 

Well i would have liked dedicated server support, but i bought the game anyway. So far i'm liking it alot. Some good changes to the MP gameplay. There is sometimes a host migration which is anoying, but it only takes 10 secs, and it's not often. Overall, the matchmaking works quite well.

So you poo picture doesnt really work for me. I know what i'm missing, but still it's a good game. You should make the picture so that the PC character has eye blockers (like horses have) on his head.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2009, 17:19 
Insiders
Insiders

The horse blinders metaphor doesn't really work without elaborating on what it is the PC gamer refuses to see.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 01:06 
Editors
Editors

This is the best single MW2 related image that i have ever seen. It just makes me smile and oh how true it is.

WIN.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 03:29 

Modern Warfare 2 launch blows away Hollywood with record sales

By Glenn Chapman in San Francisco

Agence France-Presse

November 13, 2009 09:00am
Call of Duty guns for record sales

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 blasted past $US300 million ($324.4 million) in sales on its opening day, blowing away Hollywood films to become the highest-grossing entertainment launch ever.

"MW2" sold 4.7 million copies and racked up $335 million dollars in sales in the US and UK alone when the eagerly anticipated title made its worldwide debut this week, according to publisher Activision.

The videogame bested Batman superhero film The Dark Knight, which holds the record for the top opening weekend ever by taking in $171 million dollars in July 2008.

Cultural phenomenon

"The Call of Duty franchise has become a cultural phenomenon showing the power of videogames as an entertainment medium," said Activision chief executive Mike Griffith.

MW2 is the sixth title in the Call of Duty franchise that has won a devoted following for its cinematic gameplay since the first version was released in 2003.

Activision believes MW2 will be such a hit that the California-based company will see record operating margins. Pre-orders for the videogame – priced at up to $120 - were the highest in the firm's history.

"If you only buy a single game this Hanukkah or Christmas, this is the title to beat," said Scott Steinberg of videogame and gadget website Digital Trends.

"It's designed to be as much of a breathlessly cinematic experience as (a) simple run-n-gun outing."

Multiplayer options allow people to share consoles linked to the internet to play together as characters in the videogame as an alternative to going solo.

Critical acclaim

Reviewers have praised MW2 for its game play and vivid graphics.

MW2 picks up in the wake of its predecessor, which reportedly sold 12 million copies. The Call of Duty franchise boasts overall sales of about 28 million units.

Players join a global military task force taking on ultranationalist Russian terrorists to save the world. Settings include Russia, Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, and Brazil.

The game is rated in Australia for people aged 15 or older and MW2 has stirred a bit of controversy for depicting realistically brutal terrorist encounters.

The MW2 launch in Britain saw tanks and soldiers descend on London's Leicester Square, the first game launch in the square normally home to red-carpet film premieres.

Analysts expect MW2 to breathe new life into a videogame industry that has seen sales figures this year hobbled by dismal economic conditions and a dearth of hot releases.

"Based on everything I'm hearing so far, it's nothing but good news for the industry," NPD Group analyst Anita Frazier said.

"The combined launch of MW2 and New Super Mario Bros Wii should mean that November is a great month for the industry."

That boycott worked really well.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 03:38 

I didn't boycott and I don't know of any serious person who expected any such boycott to work. There have been a couple boycotts in all of history that have had an effect on anything. Of course they don't work.

I simply will not buy or support a steaming pile.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2009, 04:43 
Insiders
Insiders

That pic is great.

Anyone figure out how to turn off the music yet? It's done by Hans Zimmer once again, so the music is overwhelming and at times, obtrusive. It's hard to hear footsteps and enemy banter when you have some magical brass section blaring in your ears. Nothing kills emersion like an orchestra following you around.

COD4 had a mod that kill its' music. It's awesome. Thanks for another kick in the balls, IW.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 31  Next