Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 04:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next
PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 15:41 

What could be better than the Ping Bars that traditional console ports give us? OH YEAH! NO PING INFO AT ALL IN GAME.

Ugh, I can't stop playing it, like its a good game... just the execution is terrible.

I'm having trouble getting into a game now too because the Server Browser is causing crashes and they recommend using the Play Now button (yay for consolization!)... So I did and it made the game feel even worse than the first time that I played. (probably a lack of clientside prediction, I'm assuming that I had quite a high ping considering the servers name was something like Swiss Gamers.. And I live in Canada)

I can't wrap my brain around why the mouse support is so bad though, its always been bad in BF games as you said. Everyone complains about it... That's my biggest pet peeve at the moment.

Edit: Is there no command console either? :/
No modding either which was a huge part of the first two games (Desert Combat, Project Reality anyone?)

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 15:55 

The FOV is actually fine IMO. It's not as extreme as BC1, and it's acceptable.

I think it's dumb that you have to hold down crouch, but then zoom is a toggle. I would prefer if you had to hold the button to zoom and it unzoomed when you let go. You can do much more rapid aiming like that. I prefer having to hold down keys versus a toggle because then it's only a matter of letting the key go to return to your natural state instead having to press the key again.

I think FOVs are correct. Take a look this screnshoot at diferent aspects ratios:

4:3

16:9

48:9 HUD in main screen

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 16:24 

[quote]The FOV is actually fine IMO. It's not as extreme as BC1, and it's acceptable.

I think it's dumb that you have to hold down crouch, but then zoom is a toggle. I would prefer if you had to hold the button to zoom and it unzoomed when you let go. You can do much more rapid aiming like that. I prefer having to hold down keys versus a toggle because then it's only a matter of letting the key go to return to your natural state instead having to press the key again.

I think FOVs are correct. Take a look this screnshoot at diferent aspects ratios:

Yea I think the FOV is ok.

My responses in bold:

The actual game is good. Though i get some weird close quarters accuracy when medic.... standing on top of someone and spraying my entire clip = 4 hits...

Going assault and sitting 100m away = 2-3 hits to kill someone. tap tap tap.
It's funny, I think I had better hits with the medic gun than with assault. I really had to crouch, aim and place those shots in their chest. Hard to do sometimes when 3 or 4 guys are bearing down on you guns blazing though. :P

Sniper zoom looks ugly as hell.
AGREED! I played it for a bit and I really hope they change this. I've never looked through a rifle scope and seen anything like what they displayed

Menus + server browser suck. I hope they fix this. (#1 pet peeve at the moment)
Yea, I know they said they are working on this.

Can't get my microphone to work. (#2 pet peeve)
This I believe is a known issue. Not sure if I plan on using the ingame voice stuff. Generally play with people I know and use a separate voice program.

Can't seem to rebind melee to something other that middle mouse button so that i don't knife half way through firing an entire clip.
I rebound mine to MOUSE4 (Thumb button). I haven't tried to bind it to a keyboard key. Is that what you are trying to do?

They say it's beta and all so I have faith that things will get tweaked and fixed prior to the release, but we'll see!

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 18:11 
Insiders
Insiders

What could be better than the Ping Bars that traditional console ports give us? OH YEAH! NO PING INFO AT ALL IN GAME.

Ugh, I can't stop playing it, like its a good game... just the execution is terrible.

I'm having trouble getting into a game now too because the Server Browser is causing crashes and they recommend using the Play Now button (yay for consolization!)... So I did and it made the game feel even worse than the first time that I played. (probably a lack of clientside prediction, I'm assuming that I had quite a high ping considering the servers name was something like Swiss Gamers.. And I live in Canada)

I can't wrap my brain around why the mouse support is so bad though, its always been bad in BF games as you said. Everyone complains about it... That's my biggest pet peeve at the moment.

Edit: Is there no command console either? :/
No modding either which was a huge part of the first two games (Desert Combat, Project Reality anyone?)

1) it's a beta, not even a demo... there is no proper way to have execution for a beta

2) the server browser will be fixed soon (it's a beta, quit whining)... you can get ping info if you refresh it a couple times

3) BF has never had the greatest mouse support... the problem comes from DPI scaling... if you use a high DPI, the sensitivity is too high... try lowering your DPI on the mouse without touching the in-game sensitivity (also, many, many FPS games have problems with the mouse... including quake and other big FPS games)

4) they stated there would be no console..... the reason is this is that they never actually designed or developed a command console for the game..... BC1 was a console game only, and there is no need for a command console on a console, they never made one... BC2 is built on the same engine as BC1, so there is still no command console.... if they had developed a command console in the first place, you can be sure you'd see it in the PC version

People really seem to expect a perfect game for a beta. If this were a final, released product, then I could understand some frustration, but this is a BETA. :)

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 19:45 

People really seem to expect a perfect game for a beta. If this were a final, released product, then I could understand some frustration, but this is a BETA. :)

Oh lol. If my post sounds like one big whinge, it was more pointing out things that I'm picking up on that I'm wondering if other people think need to be fixed in the end game. i.e. just checking if my opinion sits with other ppl and isn't just me being lame/stubborn/used to some other MP game etc. etc. I'd prefer to get some perspective before writing a nice email with all my comments to DICE.

:D

Loving the gameplay. Hopefully they fix some of this stuff before release... though a month isn't that long...

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 21:09 

Funny thing, Combat Testing issued me a beta key for BC2, but they banned me years ago so I can't actually access the key they issued to my account.

Oh well.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 21:15 

Funny thing, Combat Testing issued me a beta key for BC2, but they banned me years ago so I can't actually access the key they issued to my account.

Oh well.

Banned eh? You sound like a troublemaker. :cheers

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 21:17 

[quote]Funny thing, Combat Testing issued me a beta key for BC2, but they banned me years ago so I can't actually access the key they issued to my account.

Oh well.

I didn't do much of anything. I once joked that I was 11 years old and two days later I log on to find they banned me for being underage.

Dicks couldn't see the sarcasm in the situation and that was that.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 22:33 

[quote][quote]Funny thing, Combat Testing issued me a beta key for BC2, but they banned me years ago so I can't actually access the key they issued to my account.

Oh well.

I didn't do much of anything. I once joked that I was 11 years old and two days later I log on to find they banned me for being underage.

Dicks couldn't see the sarcasm in the situation and that was that.

LOL that sucks!

I heard they released a patch to fix the server browser issues. I'm at work at the moment so I guess I'll check it out tonight. Any of you guys test the new patch?

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2010, 23:24 

No changelog anywhere? :(

So how is everyone's performance? Mine is absolutely horrible :(
On the BC2 forums some people with overall worse computers than me have better performance, on the flip side many people with better computers than me seem to have worse performance.

Edit: Turning on HSAO helped me FPS quite abit its still rather horrible though :/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 24  Next