Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MW2 MP
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 11:36 

"someone" got pissed off at IW and reverse engineered the code to stop pretending to be xboxlive (aka IW.NET) and start being dedicated servers again...

Hilarious stuff. They didn't "take out" the code for dedicated servers, lean, etc. etc. they just changed some 1's to 0's and said "not balanced for lean" (aka FU PC gamers)

L to the I to the N to the murderfarggin K man! It's not that hard! For sanity sake. The MF2 MP quality has gone to your brains or something? :evil:

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 15:16 

no joke the lean code is still around ?
I wonder if we'll see hacks & cheats who would just allow lean back in
would be funny as hell :lol:

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 15:27 

If I don't get insta banned I pass it on to a bunch of other people who want to use hacks, then all of us get banned 3 weeks down the road, and since I have done 5 revisions of my hack and passed them all out and everyone updated to the newest versions on release, nobody knows which versions weren't detected.

yeah but in the mean time those people pollute the servers and degrade the whole MP experience for legit users.

I understand the whole point of banning all people ever tempted to cheat
but still

and if the hacker/cheater creator knows about VAC delay you just test one version out on one account for the specified delay...

so end of line you get a slowing down of hack & cheat development, ho yeah great !

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 15:50 

To all the above issues though, they are pretty major downfalls IMO.
20second-1minute delay in finding another host, what a MP DEAL BREAKER

Host has ultimate advantage MP DEAL BREAKER

Higher than 60ping MP DEAL BREAKER

What happens if host has a crap connection? You would have to leave, find another server, wait another 5 minutes to get a game in teh hope that the next HOSt has a decent connection IN YOUR COUNTY!?

What a second rate MP experience it would be.

The delay isn't that bad, I've only ever had it twice since playing for the past week. If I'm host, I'll notify people I'm leaving if I have to go so that they know it's coming.

Most of the time I play, I tend to get a first to third place ranking at the end of the map, when I host, it's not guaranteed that I'll come first. My net is decent enough that games are lag free even when hosting 6vs6 Team Deathmatch games.

Latency is a non issue as everyone gets a similar latency but as said, games are lag free most of the time.

Normally host won't have a crappy connection cause the game looks for the person with the best net connection before setting up host.

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2009, 18:11 
Editors
Editors

I don't mind the restrictions on number of players. But sometimes it takes 5 minutes to get into a server. Sometimes when im in a lobby it just closes down without a good explanation (unable to connect to host / failed host migration / gamelobby closes / etc ).

Wow. That would have me rage-quitting from the damn lobbies.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 06:56 

Think I'd rage too if that happened to me lol.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 07:01 
Insiders
Insiders

That kind of stuff happens all the time to me when I try to play PS3 games online. For instance, I have attempted to play the Fat Princess demo four times in total, and in two of them, it says "connecting to host" for a few minutes, then it fades into the "Buy me now!!!!" screen and exists.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 09:39 
Editors
Editors

it says "connecting to host" for a few minutes, then it fades into the "Buy me now!!!!" screen and exists.

Wow. "Buy me now so you can watching the connection screen forever." lol

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 09:41 

That kind of stuff happens all the time to me when I try to play PS3 games online. For instance, I have attempted to play the Fat Princess demo four times in total, and in two of them, it says "connecting to host" for a few minutes, then it fades into the "Buy me now!!!!" screen and exists.

ha ! that explains why those issues are non issues for IW (since they are normal for console players)

sheesh! that sucks if you ask me

we need to educate console gamers to ask for better :?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 10:13 
Editors
Editors

we need to educate console gamers to ask for better :?

Somewhere I saw a PS3 MW2 article calling for console players to unite with PC brethren and demand more from devs. Consoles would benefit from dedis, too, after all.

Can't find the link right now....