Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Halo 2 For PC?
PostPosted: 22 Jan 2006, 12:00 
Editors
Editors

I played Halo 1 on my xbox and i played it through in about 3 days.
I never tryed the pc version, since the only added content was multiplayer, and i don't do multiplayer.
The the second Halo came out for the box and offcourse i bought it since the first chapter was so good. But it was such a disappointment.
The graphics were almost exactly the same as the first, so was the story, but then on earth.
There were no new gameplay ellements but the dual wield bogus. It was a real waste of money for me. :(

Luckily Halflife 2 came to make me feel happy again. :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2006, 12:20 
Editors
Editors

I´m glad the game played good on your computers. Halo was in most magazines when testing new gfx and cpu and all that stuff and Halo didn´t get over 60-70fps no matter how extreme the system was. Me and my friends had the fps problem and I read all sorts of magazinez and read on the internet and they all had the same problem in their tests that it didn´t get over 60-70 fps. Dunno what to say :)

ctrlsteef, everyone has its own opionon of the game and that´s ok but you have to agree the graphics between Halo and Halo 2 is big. I haven´t heard anyone before telling me there is no difference. I didn´t play Halo one much so I can´t comment story and gameplay but I do remember the gfx.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2006, 17:46 
Editors
Editors

ctrlsteef, everyone has its own opionon of the game and that´s ok but you have to agree the graphics between Halo and Halo 2 is big. I haven´t heard anyone before telling me there is no difference. I didn´t play Halo one much so I can´t comment story and gameplay but I do remember the gfx.

Yep, everyone has his opinion, mine is that the difference isn't big enough for me. I just couldn't help thinking i was playing the same game.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2006, 18:52 
Founder
Founder

So I will probably enjoy it as I didn't mind the story line & won't mind more along the same lines. :D

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2006, 19:24 
Editors
Editors

Yes Doug, that's possible. I always want new stuff in the games i play. But if you just want more of the same as in Halo 1 you are certainly going to like it.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 21:37 
Editors
Editors

Microsoft just announced Halo 2 for the pc is only going to be compatible with Windows Vista.

It's gonna be quiet the investment to play Halo 2 then. You have to buy Halo 2 AND Windows Vista. :?

link to Tweakers.net article: link (in dutch).
link to BBC article: link

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 21:49 
Editors
Editors

That.

Sucks.

Arse.

Boo, Micro$oft! :evil:

I hope someone works out how to get Halo 2 working on other OSes, like they did for Doom 3 and Windows 98...

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 21:51 

Just a rumour, started by me, here and now :), but wouldn't it be great if they bundled it with Vista? Just as an extra incenctive to buy the gaming edition? I can wish can't i?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 21:52 
Editors
Editors

I agree. It's just another way to squeeze money out of us. :evil:
Is 45 billion still not enough for Bill? :?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2006, 22:01 

Not with Roman Abramovich 'Our lord and saviour' catching up fast :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next