Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Jul 2024, 02:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: BF2 1.2 Patch
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2006, 08:42 

Overall, I like the patch. But I do hate the fact that you cannot jump and throw the C4. I don't mind too much because you don't get those bunnyhopping fools and stuff. But It sure was nice to hide from a tank behind a wall and throw the C4 over it to take it out.

Maybe they can chage it to allow only C4 to be used while jumping.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 02:36 

happy to see the bunny hoppers gone. My nephew was one and used to kill me all the time. Then I fixed him with the 203 round. Just when I was getting the hang of c-4 and now it goes nowhere. Handgranades have some great distance now. As far as the heli's I love to fly so no issues there. Their not that hard to shot down. Hell one shot from a tank or humvee. I got good at taking them out cause I was tired of them killing me. Hope c-4 gets fixed.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 02:54 

I think they went overboard on making the Blackhawk gatlin guns too wimpy now. I agree they were too powerful before (just aim NEAR an infantry and it would take him down), but now you have to place about 10-15 bullets in a guy to take them out...that's just ridiculous. If you are going to make the helicopters have less hit points, then you can't cut back that much on the guns. One or the other.
I wish they would give back about half of the power that they took from it, and keep the hit points where they are. That would be satisfactory to me.

Oh, BTW... check out the BoC server (thats my new squad I joined). Its a trinity servers server. I think its listed as "TrinityGaming.com BoC Squad" in the server list in game. The best server I have found so far.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 03:56 

I like tha fact that they made the AA stations and air to air missiles more accurate and stronger but they shouldn't have taken away from the choppers HP's and limited the missiles to 8. Hell it takes me 4 shots just to get on target with a tank half the time.

I feel like them empowered the Jet pilots and put the choppers at a disadvantage. :(

We'll see what 1.21 has to offer.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2006, 02:32 

I think the lastest patch really screwed up the game.

The 203 sucks now and so does the helli.
People bitched about these 2 weapons, usually the people who don't use them and now they are useless.

For instance I played a map and usually its hard to find a vacant helli. Not anymore cause no one wants to fly them.
They nerfed it so much its worthless.

I saw the people on the ea forum complaining about them. Helli's are powerful and you need to hide when there around. But now it seems like its just a static display.

I say they rename it to BF2 w/no helli or 203.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2006, 15:36 

Actualy the helis are now what they were supposed to be - transport choppers. I believe you're complaining because of the blackhawk nerfing since the other two transport choppers haven't been changed. Maybe the attack choppers have too little hitpoints now, but that can be debated.

So for quick insertions behind enemy lines they are still just as good as they should be. If you have a squad of friends with you on TS you can get a lot of points by capping flags in the back and generaly cause havoc by flying high and dropping people in the flagzone. True, you can't kill infantry by the dozen and you can't cap a flag in 3 secs as you could before but hey, you'll adapt.

My main gripe with the 203 wasn't it's splash damage or range - hell anyone who killed my across the square with one shot was skilled enough and I admired it. However when someone killed me with it from 1 meter away and went away unscathed when we should both be dead was bad, and this is what was fixed. You can still kill someone from across the square just as easily as you could before if you're skilled enough, but you can no longer use it as a close quarters weapon, which is what noobies did.

True, the latest patch introduced bugs of it's own, particularly with the PKM and RPT support guns (the SAW isn't as good as these 2) and their accuracy.