Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 17:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Titan Quest
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2006, 09:35 

Got to lvl 17 with my Storm/Spirit character, Lich King is a great pet to have, and i started for first time to get crash to desktops, i've had three already, hmmm Well, i've been playin for six hours straight, i guess my computer is just tired.

Anyways I was able to kill Cyclops first time i ran into him , I was lvl 10 and i just kited him with my ranged staff. I looted 22% run speed boots before i ran into Cyclops and that helped immensely, he was red to me, and six lvls above me too, lol I just ran in circles around this big rock while he followed me.

Been hearing horror stories about this Cyclops and lemme tell you, it was an experience I'll never forget. Quite entertaining. I can certainly understand why people are getting decimated by Cyclops going toe to toe with him, he hits hard!!!

I also have a lvl 10 Earth/Nature character and the rock elemental pet is awesome! Also I got a wolf fighting for me too, i got two pets out with this set up.

Dungeons in this game are AWESOME!

Here's a link to my lvl 17 Oracle, cant wait to get the entire Obsidian set, the helmet is epic Obsidian Helmet http://img155.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lvl17oracle4qp.jpg

The bow is the epic Storm Strike

Great game! :D

OMG, i got a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH, havent seen that since i had Windows 98 installed. Im lvl 21 now, was fighting four huge statues at same time in the Sphynx, i beat them, then i got the crash. Computer had to do a memory dump. I hope it remembers that i beat those four tough statues!!!

My specs: Pentium D dual core 3.0 ghz, 2gig memory, GeForce 7800 single video card

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2006, 05:09 

This game is absolutely superb. I am quite certain that it will score a "certified" rating in the WSGF detailed reports.

Graphics... incredible
Gameplay... addictive and wonderful.

Best Diablo clone that I have ever played. The character development is far and beyond Diablo 1 and 2. There is so much depth as far as character template building.

This may well be my Game of the Year so far. Oblivion still is fighting for that position as well.

The funny thing is, I didn't even know/hear about this game until AFTER it launched. I guess it's due to its very generic sounding title.

This is the kind of game that makes you glad to be a WSGer!

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2006, 11:02 
Editors
Editors

I#m still yet to pick it up! play.com here I come!

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2006, 11:49 
Editors
Editors

Gah...

I didn't think this game would be as buggy as it has been... :shock: :evil:

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2006, 20:45 
Editors
Editors

Excuse my rant. And my language. Trust me, what I'm saying is worse. :evil: I've just had a bad evening, and it's going to get worse if I can't cure the problem... :evil: :evil:

Urgh... I've resisted posting a massive bitch about the bugs in this game, but I can't any longer...

Graphics glitches, cursor misalignment (so I have to click to the right of an enemy to attack them... how messed up is that?), terrible pathseeking AI (hey, my characters been irreversibly jammed on scenery four times now, and I haven't even got out of the first F*CKING village!) and some nasty CTD issues have made me seriously think about trying to return this. I had a new one just now - the screen went *burp* and then started complaining that there was no DVI input. I turned it off, and back on again, and it said 'out of sync DVI' and refused to do anything else - the Titan Quest music sounded like someone was playing it on a badly. I had to do a CMOS reset just to get my computer to boot again after a hard power off. Is a game supposed to totally fuck a PC? I didn't think so, but maybe I was wrong... :evil: :evil: :evil:

And it isn't just the comp I've been trying it on - three different systems all have the same problems. And no, it isn't a pirated copy. But hey, at least I can install it... :shock: some people can't even do that!

edit: ARGH! It's completely ballsed up my system! You've got to be f*ckin' kidding me! The DVI sync is now randomly failing. Fuckshit! No viruses, no spyware, no disc fragmentation... they're the patronising bollocks that the forums tell you to check if you have problems...

Sod this for a game of cowboys. Iron Lore? THQ? You guys really don't want to know my opinion of you right now. :evil: :twisted: :evil:

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2006, 21:15 
Editors
Editors

OK, those DVI errors have hosed either my graphics card or my screen. Comp won't even boot now without DVI sync errors. It's not a driver issue, as it even did it in the BIOS, before any drivers are loaded. Christ, I hope it's not the screen.

I'm now out of the swearing-angry area, and into this almost-calm pool of burning rage that is somehow worse...

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2006, 22:08 
Editors
Editors

I've just ordered... lets see how I get on.

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006, 01:25 

Yikes Paradigm... I have not had any of those issues. Perhaps some of this is due to a true hardware failure and not the code.

I have had the game crash on me a few times, but I have put at least 20 hours in by now, so a few crashes isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things. I did have one particularly bad crash that corrupted my character and I had to start over, but this was supposedly addressed in the latest patch.

I really like this game. Sure it has some aspects that I would like to have seen better implemented (control of pets could be better, a place to store more loot would have been nice too, at least some variety in how our avatar looks would have been nice rather than just Male1 and Female1).

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006, 07:58 
Editors
Editors

How can a game be programmed so badly that it can screw up a complete system. Did they program a self detruct in it or something. :?
Sorry to hear about your problems with this game PS, i know i'm not going to try this one. :(

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2006, 00:48 

ouch that really hurts.....

I've been playing for a while too... now lvl 17 or something... fighter/nature = paladin! :)

but i agree that the game DOES crash a lot... playing single player i get a crash every 30 to 1hour... playing LAN its insane... every 3 to 10mins... and even less if im the one hosting! :)

perhaps the crash DID made the hardware f*ck up.... but im pretty sure it must already have had a little failure or defectiveness in it before hand... OR it crashed and had a power problem while one piece of hardware was doing something important and is now defect as a result... i've personally never seen a game or a code of any sort mess up hardware... yet the crash might...

Good luck seriously!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next