Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 03:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2006, 21:18 

No one mentioned Outrun 2006?

Personally, I enjoy racing game in exotic location, so it is kind of sad that NFS moved away from that area starting from Underground (not that the newer NFS are not good). Colin's tracks and even Flatout's tracks aren't really exotic enough for me, as most of them are either narrow dirt track or icy road.

I really hope Outrun 2006 would be my answer, since it seems to have amazing locations.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2006, 21:30 

I downloaded the NFSMW demo and tried installing it. The install file aborted saying that I need Direct X 9.0c which I have. dxdiag even tells me I have 9.0c and all other games work just fine. If they can't even code the installer properly, I wonder how well the game is even coded.

I had this problem too at first when I expanded the installer files to another drive. Then I've deleted the files, expaned again to C: and it worked the second time. It doesn't make much sense, but it worked the second time around.

Test Drive Unilimited is supposed to take place on some tropical island - 1000 miles of open roads - it may be fun.

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2006, 22:04 

I never got the demo to work either, but the game runs flawlessly. I think its the best race game ever for pc.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 00:34 

No one mentioned Outrun 2006?

Personally, I enjoy racing game in exotic location, so it is kind of sad that NFS moved away from that area starting from Underground (not that the newer NFS are not good). Colin's tracks and even Flatout's tracks aren't really exotic enough for me, as most of them are either narrow dirt track or icy road.

I really hope Outrun 2006 would be my answer, since it seems to have amazing locations.

Should be good, ive got the PSP version and its good fun.

I really hope it has WS support.... but ive got a terrible feeling it wont have it....

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 00:39 

Whowo! Ill correct myself and say it does actually support widescreen!!!

Pics in the bottom of this thread:

http://www.fruitforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21667&page=21

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 01:07 

outrun 2006 is decent. really i only play since sega has the exclusive Ferrari liscence this year... NFS most wanted is the best racing on pc though

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 01:08 

Whowo! Ill correct myself and say it does actually support widescreen!!!

not for me :cry:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5118

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 04:02 

There hasn't been a good NFS game since Hot Pursuit 2 imho. The craptacular FWD cars found in undergound do nothing for me. If you are looking for a wacky style driving game, Trackmania Sunrise is worth taking a look it. It's just a fun game to play although it does have starforce so you may have issues with that. For hardcore racing you can go with TOCA3 or GTR to hold you over until GTR2 comes out.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 09:50 

old but still one of the best racing games is F1 challenge
all those arcade racing games like NFS are fun on a console but on the PC i rather play some real race games like GTR. or when you want an easier one TOCA3.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 11:13 

What?! Colin McRae Rally (2004 and 2005) have some amaaaaazing tracks, the best in any driving game, imho. They often are exotic, but they're realistic-looking. I guess Outrun has some very arcadey, exaggerated environments.

Anyway, I like a bit or realism in driving physics, that why I really like CMR. It's easy to get started and there's often no need to do a lot of tuning to your car before every race. The only downside is that it's a bit too easy at times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next