Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 21:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Bioshock
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 10:05 
Editors
Editors

I prefer internet activation to copy protection that won't let me play the game..Splinter Cell gave me this problem.

Let me guess: Chaos Theory, right? StarForce at work again. ;)

Honestly, I'd rather have companies go the way Bethesda did with Oblivion; a simple DVD check. One of the rigs I've got has no internet connection, and I am not lugging that heavy bastard down the stairs just to activate online. Especially since all I would want to do is play single player - I don't mind internet activation for multiplayer games, obviously you'll be online with it anyway. But with single player games? Idiocy. ;)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 10:12 

One of the rigs I've got has no internet connection, and I am not lugging that heavy bastard down the stairs just to activate online.
Thank god for wireless technology! ;)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 10:22 
Editors
Editors

;)

:P

Haven't got a spare WLAN card/USB thing. ;)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 15:09 

By the way Apple, i need a buddy to play GoW insane mode with :(

I've been playing Rainbow six Vegas with my ethernet cable out so I don't get any distractions... hehe

But yeah I'll play Co-op with yah sometime. :)

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 17:40 

[quote]After waiting about 5 hours for the demo to download.... I finally got to play it. I must say its awesome. :D

Now I don't know wether to get it on PC or 360... probably 360 so I know it will run smooth in 1080p. The demo didn't slow down at all for me, the frame rate is great. My PC might not be up to scratch.... But I'll check it out still. In all honesty I don't really care about KB/M, the controls are perfect on the 360.

Either way, one of the best games to come out this year.
Agreed.

Amazingly however, i was playing some of my demos on the 360 and Full Auto slowed down a lot........lol that's really kinda sad for a launch title like that.

I'm definitely getting it for 360.

Then again, Full Auto is not exactly a good example of a decent 360 game. :S

I'm around if you want to give Insane a run through. Easy peasy. :D

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2007, 18:10 

[quote][quote]After waiting about 5 hours for the demo to download.... I finally got to play it. I must say its awesome. :D

Now I don't know wether to get it on PC or 360... probably 360 so I know it will run smooth in 1080p. The demo didn't slow down at all for me, the frame rate is great. My PC might not be up to scratch.... But I'll check it out still. In all honesty I don't really care about KB/M, the controls are perfect on the 360.

Either way, one of the best games to come out this year.
Agreed.

Amazingly however, i was playing some of my demos on the 360 and Full Auto slowed down a lot........lol that's really kinda sad for a launch title like that.

I'm definitely getting it for 360.

Then again, Full Auto is not exactly a good example of a decent 360 game. :S

I'm around if you want to give Insane a run through. Easy peasy. :DGT???? :D:D:D:D

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2007, 00:47 

[quote]I prefer internet activation to copy protection that won't let me play the game..Splinter Cell gave me this problem.

Let me guess: Chaos Theory, right? StarForce at work again. ;)

Honestly, I'd rather have companies go the way Bethesda did with Oblivion; a simple DVD check. One of the rigs I've got has no internet connection, and I am not lugging that heavy bastard down the stairs just to activate online. Especially since all I would want to do is play single player - I don't mind internet activation for multiplayer games, obviously you'll be online with it anyway. But with single player games? Idiocy. ;)
I prefer internet activation to a DVD check, simply because I don't need to swap discs to play games. I'd buy every game I want through Steam if they were released on there.

It's not unreasonable of them to assume that the intended audience of Bioshock would have an internet connection. You've got to recogonize that you're in something of an odd minority by having a gaming rig that's not connected to the internet. So I don't think it's particularly valid to say it's idiocy when it's really your unusual situation that's the source of the problem.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2007, 03:44 

I think initial activation over the internet is ok. I did that with Half Life 2, and now that they don't have a CD check anymore, it's great. I think it's kinda like the whole 'designing games on the 360 with HDD required.' Anyone who wants to do anything with their 360 will probably have gotten a Premium (or maybe that $100 Core during Thanksgiving last year? ;)).

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2007, 10:03 

I'm looking forward to seeing benchmarks for this on the PC. It's an Unreal Engine 3 game, so I fear it'll need a 8800GTX for smooth framerates at max details. >_<

Upgrading PCs is so expensive. :(

Maybe I'll upgrade around Christmas. The only soon-upcoming game I could use a better PC for is Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (it's definitely playable, but not with all the eye-candy cranked up). World in Conflict (possibly, not sure yet if I'll buy it), Crysis, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, and Starcraft 2 some time next year... those will all probably need something a bit better.

Or maybe I'll stick with what I have even longer and invest in a 360 or a PS3.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2007, 10:37 

infernus: I totally agree. Back in 2004 I didn't have an internet connection for my rig, so I had to take my PC to one just to install Half Life 2. That was annoying. However, now that I don't need the DVD in the drive any more, and since all of my Steam games can be updated easily, and I can find all kinds of cool stuff with it, I am as happy as Larry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next