Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 22:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 22:38 
Editors
Editors

hmmmmm ... they don't make it very clear though do they ?

But ... thanks for the heads-up eZ` ... 8)

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 22:57 

If one has Live through Xbox, also needs a different Live for these games?

(I have to say gaming under Vista keeps getting better and better, first the reduced performance, now the subscription requirement for online play, nice...)

NOT.

Yes, I know you don't need Vista, but if not for Vista we wouldn't "have" Live for Windows.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 23:11 
Editors
Editors

hmmmmm ... they don't make it very clear though do they ?

But ... thanks for the heads-up eZ` ... 8)

No, they certainly don't make it very clear. :(

Well, I might pick it up now. Maybe. If'n I'm bored. ;)

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 23:26 
Editors
Editors

So ... eZ`
How do I get it off-line and still save my progress ?
If I sign out it says it will not save progress.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 23:39 
Editors
Editors

You create a "local" profile. It seems that if you have a connection to the net, it automatically creates an "Online" profile. If there is no connection, then you can create a local profile as shown in this screenshot...

I seem to have an "online" profile, as if i try and sign in with my net disabled, then it says i have no save games. If you start a new game, it throws up that message above saying this will be a "local profile". So i dunno if it automatically converts it, or what it may overwrite, but it shows that it IS at least possible to play completely offline. It's a scary warning though, leading me to believe that if you load the game up while connected to the net, it's gonna overwrite your old save games and switch your profile to an "online" one. :?

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 23:48 
Editors
Editors

Thanks buddy ... 8)
That makes it a little clearer ... all be it a load of MS BS crap !!!

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2007, 23:59 

This is quoted from a member in the Epic Gears of War forums. His name is T3TSUO:

If you're not connected to the internet in anyway and runcreate a profile it takes that as an Offline account. Hence you have made an Offline account and so have to run it Offline

If you then connect to the net and run the game it takes your said Offline account and uses it as an Online account.

It works vice versa. Make an Online account then run it Offline and your saves will be missing.

Either make multiple online and offline accounts or remember what you made and stick to that version.

The game does warn you before hand it uses different saves for each.
To fix it and get your saves back whatever version you created stick with that one. I've made an offline account so I have to disconnect from the net every time I play of my save won't be there. Or create another online account and use that.

Also, I understand that you can alt-tab back into the game after you get the error message, but in my case, my game simply disappears and I can't alt-tab. I will try this fix later, but people on the Epic forums have reported it to work. This is taken from a guy named Tanakil:

A fix that worked for a few of us so far for the crash can easily be done, go into the Binaries folder and open WarGame-G4WLive.exe.cfg with notepad.
It will show you this

4D530842
100d0181
false
FEEBB00D01020304506071728a8da99a

Remove

And save the file.

You will then be able to play the game without crash (if you had the same problem as us) BUT BUT BUT

Since Live is removed (which is what caused the game to crash) you WON'T BE ABLE TO SAVE.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2007, 00:00 
Editors
Editors

I'm glad you could understand it lol, because i read back what i wrote and it's a bit "chunk-of-text"y and could hardly understand it myself, sorry :oops:

To clear it up a bit, it seems that when you create a profile it's either an ONLINE or OFFLINE profile automatically depending on whether you have a connection to the internet or not - I see no way to choose this manually! If at any time you want to 'convert' your profile to the other type, it will get rid of your saved games. What a bitch.

EDIT : yeah like the post above me says :D

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2007, 00:57 

I've played all day today

*spoiler*
At the pump station woot!

Also update your drivers. 163's are working fine for me. I am pulling 1680 @ Medium with a 7900GS so you people should have no problems.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2007, 16:41 
Editors
Editors

Well, I might go pick this up later if I can play offline. ;)