Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 21:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Crysis leaked
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 22:09 

Yup, I agree and fully support the protection Bioshock had. EA/Crytek screwed up IMO.

Shame on anyone that pirates such a quality, true PC game throughout it's entire code such as Crysis.

Need to support true PC games, not disrespect them.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 23:05 

Yup, I agree and fully support the protection Bioshock had. EA/Crytek screwed up IMO.

Shame on anyone that pirates such a quality, true PC game throughout it's entire code such as Crysis.

You fully support permanently renting games you pay 50$ for? Go somewhere and do that but I will not support games that encode files in your computer that cannot be deleted and potentially mess up your computer. I did not buy Bioshock for this reason.

Besides, your logic is flawed.

"I support Bioshock's protection."

Annnd....it was cracked anyway? Erm....ok?

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 23:33 

I am not a fan of the 'protection' on Bioshock. Limited installs can bite my shiny metal ass.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 02:55 

[quote]Yup, I agree and fully support the protection Bioshock had. EA/Crytek screwed up IMO.

You fully support permanently renting games you pay 50$ for? Go somewhere and do that but I will not support games that encode files in your computer that cannot be deleted and potentially mess up your computer. I did not buy Bioshock for this reason.

Besides, your logic is flawed.

"I support Bioshock's protection."

Annnd....it was cracked anyway? Erm....ok?....he's saying that he supports PC games, not cracking them.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 05:48 
Insiders
Insiders

The game companies can't win. Protect a game, and everybody hates it. And then the game gets cracked. Fail to protect a game, and the game gets cracked even sooner, and people blame the company for not protecting their property. The solution is deceptively simple: Prosecute pirates. That's really all it would take. Unfortunately, this possibility depends on what the politicians are going to do about it, and politicians generally only do stuff that the general public is concerned about. And the general public just doesn't consider this to be a pressing issue. Not with all these celebrity scandals and whatnot going on.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 07:44 

All the game makers have to do is add a really good multiplayer component. I could IN THEORY download Call of Duty 4 but I would miss out on the best part, the online multiplayer. You can get free copies of anything, including DS games if you put enough effort into it. But, you will never be able to play online unless you pay for it. Seriously its not that hard to figure out :lol:

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 08:03 

Private servers.

And SP is still more popular.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 08:50 

And the general public just doesn't consider this to be a pressing issue. Not with all these celebrity scandals and whatnot going on.

The general public doesn't care because the general public pirates. I dont know if the U.S. is any differnt but here in canada, even my grandma pirates music, shes over 70! It took her over a year to finally use her cd player she got for christmas. And now shes heard from one of her friends that you can get music free off the computer and wants me to help her get some cds.

For truely great games, such as crysis I have no problem paying $40-50 for.

This pirated copy is more or less of a thank you gift to me from EA, They are letting my play a game im buying a few days early in return for all the crap they handed me in the past.

Of course not everyone feels this way about crysis and I imagine some people will download it, finsh it and feel as if they do not need to pay but thats not my problem.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 09:40 

The game companies can't win. Protect a game, and everybody hates it. And then the game gets cracked. Fail to protect a game, and the game gets cracked even sooner, and people blame the company for not protecting their property. The solution is deceptively simple: Prosecute pirates. That's really all it would take. Unfortunately, this possibility depends on what the politicians are going to do about it, and politicians generally only do stuff that the general public is concerned about. And the general public just doesn't consider this to be a pressing issue. Not with all these celebrity scandals and whatnot going on.

OR do what Bethesda did dont use any copy protection and make a kick ass games and have HUGE sales
i COULD pirate the expansion for Oblivion but i dont becouse i support NOT using copy protection btw i bought both the CE of Oblivion and i have all the add ons in the form of the Knights of the Nine pack

if more devs would not use copy protection they might find more poeple are willing to spend the money

there will always be pirates and copy protection will ALWAYS get cracked its just a matter of time

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 12:42 

OR do what Bethesda did dont use any copy protection and make a kick ass games and have HUGE sales
i COULD pirate the expansion for Oblivion but i dont becouse i support NOT using copy protection btw i bought both the CE of Oblivion and i have all the add ons in the form of the Knights of the Nine pack

if more devs would not use copy protection they might find more poeple are willing to spend the money

there will always be pirates and copy protection will ALWAYS get cracked its just a matter of time

Agreed, I also own the Oblivion CE (the [fake?]leather book is nice ^^)

Another thing to add on your "copy protection will ALWAYS get cracked"

Bioshock's protection probably helped it alot, but what happens is that protection can only help that game, They will go on to slap that SHIT protection on many other games, when it has allready been cracked, they know how to crack it again, the next game that uses that protection will be cracked in less then a day, not a week like bioshock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next