Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 23:27

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 23:36 
Founder
Founder

RE:"So I would say no it does not have a FPS element ... "

OH!! - the let down - the deceit !! :cry: :cry:

The shattered dreams :(

The lament of what this could have been...

Don't worry - I will recover......... eventually - someday....

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2006, 03:52 
Founder
Founder

For those of you playing this right now, how does it faire with widescreen resolutions? Smooth play, or a little slow now and then?

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2006, 08:08 

BTW when i installed i saw a notice "you have dual core ... there are issues"

You mean SLI, right? If so, the patch just got released, as Paddy mentioned.

For those of you playing this right now, how does it faire with widescreen resolutions? Smooth play, or a little slow now and then?

It fairs like you'd expect any game new game to run at high resolution. If you run into a GPU bottleneck, the game scales down fairly well, but I really hope you don't have to do this, at least for the terrain and model textures. But if you have to, the game will run smooth and you can still enjoy the great gameplay. For instance, when running in triplehead, even with just a 7800 I can just drop down the features and it runs fine. But instead I just opt to run in 1280 until I get things figured out.

Great game, highly recommend it (You too, North).

EDIT: As far as framerates go, the game is more than playable at 30+ fps, imo. Try the demo to get an idea of performance, tho the full game may run a tad slower, keep in mind. You can always "try before you buy" of course...

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2006, 08:40 
Editors
Editors

Dual core isn't the same thing as SLI ... Dual core is to do with your CPU.

The "- SLI performance bug fixed" from the patch info should help with the performance on SLI systems and not necessarily Dual Core systems.

but the " - Multithreaded lens-flare destruction fix" from the patch info maybe the fix for the "you have dual core ... there are issues" message Violent Ken got when he installed.

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2006, 11:11 

its an RTS and has WS support, nativ

check the CoH singleplayer topic, posted some screens there!

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2006, 17:37 

I have to say it's one of the best RTS I've ever played.. I'm in the middle of the campaign right now and it's fun as hell.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2006, 18:58 

I have the full game and played it both before and after the second patch on my system. At 1920x1200 native res it was a little sluggish, even with the physics turned down a little bit, before the patch. After the patch I am running full every setting at 1920x1200 and it runs verrrrrryyyyyyy smooth. The patch helped dramatically.

Fun game.

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2006, 18:19 

I hope so, I left it downloading today - got home from work and immediately installed...

Launched the game straight after install and attempted the performance test expecting a good result, but what did I get - 10fps!!!

I mean WTF! :? Is that some joke.. Especially since some of the performace test graphics look pre RTCW!

Still, I'll grab the patch and see if that helps :P

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2006, 18:41 

:x Well that Sucks!!

Because I installed the demo into:
D:Game FilesDemosCompany of Heroes

rather than:
C:Program Files etc etc Company of Heroes

The goddamn patch can't find it... Poop!

Looks like an uninstall/reinstall for me then...

:cry:

PostPosted: 20 Sep 2006, 21:55 

Sorry about the troubles, but the patch, for the full game, made a huge performance difference for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next