Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 07:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 20:02 

done

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 20:17 

OK, finally get my name straightened out! Every once in a while Firefox just get confused on the character encoding.

Anyway, what the heck is Epic thinking?!? Are they seriously thinking that the vertical view is better? Or do they just not want the discussion on their forums?

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 21:00 
Insiders
Insiders

I have posted this on Beyondunreal forum (the biggest fansite of Unreal Engine games in my opinion)

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?p=2345398#post2345398

For the people saying that Horz+ is an advantage, let them know that if widescreeners rotate their monitors to portrait mode, the Vert- method causes an INSANELY MASSIVE vertical FOV increase. FAR, FAR more than the regular Horz+ increase is. Point them towards the BioShock TallscreenGaming posts that Gabbo made in this sub-forum for reference :)

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8036

For there to be not advantage in any way, the devs must user letter or pillarboxing and choose a single aspect only. See what they say about that.

The horz+ method is more logical because it covers all comercially available aspects in use without rendering some unplayable. Vert- does not. Therefor it makes sense to use Horz+ to cover all aspects "for free"

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 21:12 

I can't deliver all the messages guys. I said my opinion, i have expressed my idea. I can do no more. Not now. It is time to sleep and forget about EVERYTHING.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 21:18 
Editors
Editors

For there to be not advantage in any way, the devs must user letter or pillarboxing and choose a single aspect only. See what they say about that.
I disagree ... that restricts the immersion of games and we all want the most immersive experience we can from our games even 4:3 users.
The best way to deal with this is for the devs to give control over the individuals FOV to the individual ...
Then everyone can set the FOV to their liking ... everyone then has the same opportunity for that so called "advantage" ...
If then a server or on-line tournament want to put rules in place for a particular game then so be it ... it is their match.
If people then break the rules then yes they are cheating.

I can't deliver all the messages guys. I said my opinion, i have expressed my idea. I can do no more. Not now. It is time to sleep and forget about EVERYTHING.
No worries bud ... well done ... I'm about to post in that thread as soon as I get my activation email.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 22:23 
Editors
Editors

Now they have locked the thread on the Beyondunreal forum ... shakes head in disbelief.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 23:09 
Editors
Editors

Now they have locked the thread on the Beyondunreal forum ... shakes head in disbelief.

Don't be so suprised... ;)

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 23:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Deleted? Those dirty shits.

I guess it's time to make an account and give them more rational discussions to delete. Maybe if everyone cusses and uses that stupid 733t5p34k crap they'll listen.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 23:40 
Editors
Editors

@ Tamlin ... ah ... didn't spot that ... :roll: ... I had only made one post ... lol

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2007, 01:15 

[quote]Crazy ... this time they can't say there was flaming ... as there wasn't any.

SniperMike ... posted some interesting info ... maybe that is why they deleted it ...
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8056]

I was only guessing, but who knows now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next