Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 07:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 16:27 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, there are loads and loads of things to upgrade. The game is designed so you can't max everything out, even when you've hit max level (unless you use a trainer or something to get yourself extra points). This is good, IMO, as it means that your individual playing style has an incredible amount of impact on the way your character develops.

Your level is the number of little sphere's lit up in the row at the top. At level 10, it goes empty again.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 16:35 

A great help as always PS...many thanks. I thought I was a bit nuts looking at all the upgrades...I guess I should be selective. Oh, I did find a trainer for Witcher but that is for the 2nd go around if I like the first. I'll keep you posted :wink:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 17:45 

Look, I was just sick of hearing him bash the 'box and the mechanics behind the steam distribution. You've got your own point buying the software, but that doesn't mean you need to point out a "flaw" in the design of their distribution, it's not a flaw, they addressed it properly. I for one don't care about the distribution system, it could go belly up, that's just what can happen. I have my HL2 install CDs, so I don't really care, I can get everything as mods. Anyways, yes, I admit I did fly off the handle a bit, I was just sick of seeing the discussion and bashing, understand fully what's going on before making your arguement, we both made that mistake.

There, I apologized, you get a freakin medal... nobody else has gotten me to apologize to any user.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 18:49 

No comment on the appology....

But for clarity purpose never did I state there was a "Flaw" in the Orange Box. It was the Marketing desion I put in question and I still do.
And only those who owned previous releases would question that, everyone else would certainly see it as a good deal otherwise.

Question...May I be so bold as to ask your age Cynagen?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 19:02 

No comment on the apology....

Fair enough.

But for clarity purpose never did I state there was a "Flaw" in the Orange Box. It was the Marketing desion I put in question and I still do.

You may have never stated it outright, but it's still very much implied. Questioning a decision is also referring to it as a flawed one in some way, otherwise there would be nothing to question.

And only those who owned previous releases would question that, everyone else would certainly see it as a good deal otherwise.

I had previous releases, HL2, and Episode 1, like I already stated, or did you only read what you want to read? I found their "share the love" gift system quite handy and it worked out well, I was able to give a friend a gift that I know he'll enjoy. I never questioned it, I saw it as a good solution, and still saw the Orange Box as a great deal.

Question...May I be so bold as to ask your age Cynagen?

No you may not.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 19:13 

Fair enough back.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 20:23 
Editors
Editors

Well, on topic : very interesting to see COD4 start pulling away from Portal! Cranky, when does voting end?
I voted for COD4 and think it deserves to win. Both are great games, but Valve were acknowledged last year for their superb widescreen support, i think Infinity Ward should too - as far back as COD2 they had flawless support. Actually "as far back" is a bit of an exaggeration, COD2 was quite recent lol :P.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 21:34 

Yarr, CoD4 gets my vote. Incredibly torn between that and Portal but seeing as how I still have a great time with some buddies over Live, it edges out Portal.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008, 02:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Cranky, when does voting end?

I don't know for sure yet, but I'm not going to end it while it looks like there's still a chance for an upset.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2008, 08:26 

Vote for Portal. Not only is the game unique in its own way but there is a huge cult following. Forget military shooters. Enrich yourself by applying to be a test participant at the Aperture Science Enrichment Center! Sign up now and we'll give you an exclusive offer for your very own Companion Cube.

This message was approved by the Companion Cube Campaign Committee.

As for World in Conflict, been playing that for a while now. And I'm not even a RTS player.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next