Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 23:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 09:57 

ParadigmS over on IRC just told me he cant get it working ether O.o?

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 10:00 
Editors
Editors

Ok I will look in to it with Racer ...

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 10:01 

yea nothing still gahhh this game hates me

if you have him come on the irc channel i can get him any data he needs from my box

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 10:08 
Editors
Editors

I just tried it again ... it works for me ... as I say I'll talk some more to Racer_S and get back to you ... 8)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 10:30 

Originally Posted by irrationallevine View Post
Hey guys-

Sorry about all the conflict. IG development people (specifically Chris and Rowan who are both on vacation) were trying to take a day off today (we've been working about six months 6-7 days a week). I'm trying to see what everybody's concerns are and consult with the staff.

I know people are frustrated, but we are dealing with internet time here. It wasn't until 7 pm EST that I was able to even talk to anybody in our Australian studio, which is open today (9 AM their time).

I hear you that not everybody was thrilled with the PC launch. And I'm trying to collect information and see what the facts are. PC game development does not function in a matter of seconds or hours, especially when most of the team is on vacation. But I hear you, and we're looking into the issue. I'll only ask you have a bit of understanding as to the time scale that software development issues must occur in.

Best regards,

Ken Levine

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=122353&postcount=622

Ummm, "internet" time, huh? :roll:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 11:07 

The tool doesnt work for me either ;(

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 11:10 

were working on it atm in the IRC channel it seems the offset for the EXE is WAYYY out of the norm

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 11:15 

Noooooo I have vista 64bit :cry: I want proper widescreen not stupid cut off bits thats so lame. 2K should really fix this before the europe release but I won't hold my breath the lazy bums. Hope they patch it up or at least get a fix for it, surely does the Unreal 3 Engine have native widescreen support anyway???

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 11:19 

Noooooo I have vista 64bit :cry: I want proper widescreen not stupid cut off bits thats so lame. 2K should really fix this before the europe release but I won't hold my breath the lazy bums. Hope they patch it up or at least get a fix for it, surely does the Unreal 3 Engine have native widescreen support anyway???

come over to the IRC channel and see if you help out

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 11:58 

[quote]I posted about this issue on PCZone's technical site under the bioshock thread...

http://forums.dearwandy.com/viewtopic.php?id=23527

Page 3 near the bottom. Their reviewer replied with a very interesting point, namely

"This wasn't mentioned in the PC Zone review because we didn't know about it. We didn't know about it because we played through the entire game in widescreen without noticing anything wrong, or feeling that the screen was cramped in any way. It's just not an issue. Although if I owned Widescreen Gaming Forum, I'd probably take it upon myself to be outraged."

"Would you have picked up on this had you not read about it on Kotaku? I doubt it."

My reply....
Er wrong... I was at the WSGF that broke this tidbit before it even hit that site.. In fact that site nicked our pic from our thread on that forum the same as several other sites are doing including shacknews

http://www.shacknews.com/

about fourth article down now... And anyway since when do hardware concerns not get reflected in a review? Just because it's a monitor issue shouldn't relegate it to the 'not interested' bucket should it?

And so it continues on that site

Wow that guy is a dick.

Yeah we wait for Kotaku to tell us about widescreen implementation. Oh yeah... we are outraged so Ibrin can make money...

God... what a condescending prick.

Wow. Reading forums like that make me thankful for the WSGF. They are all pretty much clueless when it comes to widescreen gaming. It just sounds like a bunch of l33t speak teenagers.

True - I find the total lack of concern and understanding for this issue a bit crap when it's a much more important issue than AA supprt (for instace) for many gamers.

My respect for PC Zone UK has gone down significantly - although to be honest their techincal section has always been a bit of a joke.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 81  Next