Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 02:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Call of Duty 4
PostPosted: 13 Aug 2007, 14:55 
Editors
Editors

Had to do an update on this with the recent trailer, it looks awesome as i love to snipe. Graphics are very impressive and the camouflage actually looks like it works, which is shocking.

Check it out http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23395.html

Make sure you have a look at the main game page at gametrailers.com as well, as there are plenty new multiplayer vids.

Rumours suggest Call of Duty 4 will release on November 9 on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Activision has yet to confirm a date however, just repeating "winter".

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2007, 15:55 
Editors
Editors

Rejoice PC Gamers!

A PC demo for Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will be available this Thursday at 09:00AM PST

I'm guessing it's singleplayer though rather than multiplayer. Time to see if it's going to be a useless console port or not. I have faith in you Infinity Ward!

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 21:16 
Editors
Editors

I'm gonna resurrect this thread... because I just reached mission 12 in CoD4:MW.

All I have to say is this:

Oh. My. God.

Infinity Ward haven't lost their ability to make a game practically a cinematic experience.

"All Gillied Up" was an absolutely awesome level. I honestly can't remember the last time I felt so involved in a game. It might also have something to do with the fact that I just played 12 levels until I got horribly, horribly stuck.

So. Yeah. Anyway. Great game.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 21:23 
Editors
Editors

Hmm, I'm not sure what level that is, but I've just finished the sniping level in Chernobyl, and that was amazing, looked just brilliant and so much fun. I actually reminisced on it later that night and thought i had watched a film! Had to do a double-take inside my head to remember i had actually played it.

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 21:31 
Editors
Editors

Yeah. :)

The Chernobyl sniping level is actually two - one where you're trying to get into position (most awesome level, ever - having to just lay there while tanks and people roll right past is just... nerve-wracking...) and then the next where you snipe the guy, and have to escape. I can't seem to manage the escape, though, which is really winding me up. :(

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2007, 21:52 
Editors
Editors

If you get really wound up and just want to complete it, the way i did it is slightly exploity. If you go to the dodgems on your right and walk over it and drop down behind it, you're then sandwiched between the dodgems platform and the fence. To get to you the enemy has to go round the platform, it's the only way they know how. So you can watch them coming and snipe them as they come , or when they finally get round, jus lean round the edge of the platform and snipe em in a line.

I tried for aaagess to try and do it properly by finding a nice bit of hill, but i always, always got mauled by a dog, i can never knife fast enuf to kill it :(

:D

Biggest complaint is the fact the enemy keeps coming until you reach a certain point like in all COD games. I think it's a bad decision tbh. It makes finding a clever point to pick the enemy off pointless as once you begin to move up, they've all "respawned".

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 16:47 
Editors
Editors

Yeah, I really hate the 'endless wave of enemies' model. >_<

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 19:22 
Editors
Editors

Well I've just completed it , and it's a shame it was as short as it was, but i think it does have replay value, I'm looking forward to playing it through again, and i don't do that with many games.! :)

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2007, 19:46 
Editors
Editors

I replay all too few games now.

A sad state of affairs when I think about it, considering how many times I replayed things like TIE Fighter or Final Fantasy 8.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2007, 01:48 

The sniping mission was simply amazing, probably my favourite level in the whole thing. I'll never forget when the bullet I fire turns to hit him in the head, yet his arm falls off. ;)
Playing it through on Veteran, it feels slightly longer but all in all still a fairly short game. Makes up for that and more by being an epic ass story though.
1000/1000 yay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next