Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Jun 2024, 01:36

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Steam Summer Sales
PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 02:44 
Founder
Founder

Thus far I got Fallout NV, Singularity, Asscred 2, Alpha protocol, AvP, Torchlight, Stalker: CS, Magicka.
I have no idea when I am I going to play all this crap though, I have 118 games on my to play list ...

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 08:33 

The whole pack is not necessary. Just get the original. It's a strong candidate for best game of all time.

Picked up the original and downloaded a DirectX 10 Renderer at the recommendation of Paradigm and played through the tutorial. Will probably start the game tomorrow.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 19:06 

Batman Arkham Asylum GotY for US$7.49... I'd mention Far Cry 2 but... I dunno... when I played that for a bit just to try it out, it didn't feel... right...

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 20:16 

Picked up L4D2 for 4.99 for the sister.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 23:10 
Editors
Editors

I bought Far Cry 2 on DVD when I spotted it for 99p once in a supermarket (think it was mispriced, but they had to honour it) and quickly wished I could take it back.

It's only saving grace is that patch 1.03 removed the phone-home DRM, and that it was one of the few games early on (post patches) to support triplewide with no faffing around.

I fancy playing Far Cry again, but *sigh* it's an Ubisoft game, and I'm still pissed at them for the DRM in AC2/HAWX2. OK, so it might just be one sale they've lost, which in the grand scheme of things matters to them not at all, but it makes me feel better.

Nothing I'm really interested in today.

Kind of wish I'd picked up Wings of Prey yesterday, but I know I'll barely play it. My combat flight sim days ended with Super EF2000, Falcon 4 and a short stop at Lock On: Modern Air Combat. Don't even have a working joystick any more.

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2011, 23:23 

The DRM in Far Cry 2 was small potatoes compared to the game's various other, well, let's call them issues.

However, Far Cry 3 is supposed to be a closer continuation to the original, so when that eventually gets released it should be pretty fun.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 03:16 

That's probably the only thing that caught my attention -- Far Cry 3 appearing to go back to its starting roots. But who knows what kind of crap Ubisoft is gonna attach to that one.

Yep, today's set of sales is rather dull. A pity really. You'd think they'd pull in some other bigger titles to put on sale... ones that can really boost the game's popularity or presence.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 06:52 
Insiders
Insiders

I hope everyone bought Just Cause 2. It is simply the most epic sandbox game ever created.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 10:56 
Editors
Editors

The DRM in Far Cry 2 was small potatoes compared to the game's various other, well, let's call them issues.

Notice how I said there were only two good things about it, and neither focused remotely on gameplay? ;)

Yes, while the concept of Far Cry 2 was sound, the implementation was appalling.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2011, 16:38 

Finally got around to buy any Halflife-games that were missing on my Steam account (Old CD's are impossible to find!); HL1:Source+expansions and Ep2. Planning on a heavily modded Halflife-marathon next week, as I'm out of patience waiting for the Black Mesa mod :(

Also bought Borderlands DLC-pack for another coop-marathon this weekend :rockout

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next