Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Sep 2024, 01:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 16:31 
Editors
Editors

So Vista users with problems, try running it in DX9 mode, see if that works.
Doesn't work for me ... Vista 64bit.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 16:35 

I can confirm this WORKS using Vista 64bit and Bioshock in DX9 mode. Only DX10 mode needs some tweakage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 16:39 

I can confirm this WORKS using Vista 64bit and Bioshock in DX9 mode. Only DX10 mode needs some tweakage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

So is this an API thing? Is this not going to work in 32-bit vista using the DX10 codepath?

Sorry, I can't check this as I am at work.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 16:43 

just wanna say thanks for the hack
just tried the demo at 2560 x 1600 and sliders set to 0.694 and couldnt believe the difference it made. Thanks to all those involved :-)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 16:44 
Editors
Editors

Wow ... I just tried it in Vista 64bit DX9 and it works for me too ...
The thing is don't just run the game and disable the DX10 stuff in the game ...
Right click the game shortcut and run it in DX9 with the DX10 stuff turned off in the game ... and it works ... :D

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 16:46 

I registered here (I've lurked for ages) because of this whole bioshock farce. I got fed up of going around in circles on the 2kforums trying to explain to people who didn't understand the issue or didn't want to understand (trolls) and it's beyond a joke.

I think it's safe to say that most posters here are WS gamers who understand this stuff so it can be discussed without having to teach the basics of 3D programming and widescreen gaming to every other poster who decides to flame us for wanting proper widescreen support.

:welcome

Nice to see ya here!

I almost felt sorry for you trying to explain the fundamentals of widescreen to the uneducated especially to the likes of guys like dandragonrage.

:roll:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:00 

[quote]I can confirm this WORKS using Vista 64bit and Bioshock in DX9 mode. Only DX10 mode needs some tweakage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Wow ... I just tried it in Vista 64bit DX9 and it works for me too ...
The thing is don't just run the game and disable the DX10 stuff in the game ...
Right click the game shortcut and run it in DX9 with the DX10 stuff turned off in the game ... and it works ... :D

nice find, though I kinda don't want to "miss" anything by playing the game in dx9 when I just got a dx10 card (and getting the full game on friday) :)

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:02 
Editors
Editors

Nice to see ya here!

I almost felt sorry for you trying to explain the fundamentals of widescreen to the uneducated especially to the likes of guys like dandragonrage.

Quoted. For. Truth.

I was watching that thread (among a couple of others threads, on other forums) and was feeling very tempted to have a "headdesk" moment... :lol:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:03 

Nice to see ya here!

Yeah, i've seen 'heated' debates over game flaws on the internet before now, but this one made me loose a little more faith in the human race. I just didn't realise there were that many 'uneducated' technical 'experts' out there.

And it's especially funny how once you get through to one set of people about the real issue (and they go quiet) another set of 'experts' pop up with completely different arguments (semantics and general widescreen theories) rather than just looking at the damn game with their own two eyes and realising it (was) screwed up.

Right... i'm off to play some WS games now. Still gotta wait for the full Bioshock till Friday (UK), but it's great to know I will be playing it with a comfortable FOV.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 17:08 

Cheers! From the 2k & GF forums. I'm amazed that you stayed there as long as you did, Grey. I think I saw you first in the Shacknews article. Some people are just impossible, eh?

Oh, well. Ignorance is bliss, they say. :wink:

Awesome work, you guys. Beat the devs to it. Wonder who thought going on vacation on launch day would be a good idea.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 81  Next