Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 06:49

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:22 
Editors
Editors

I'm on vista 64-bit and cannot use it.
May be you can just use the DX9 link when you right click the shortcut for the game ... in the game turn off DX10 stuff ... it worked for me Vista 64bit.

BTW see my post above.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:23 

Thanks Paddy, I'll try it when I get home later.

I completely see your point, as I stated in my post earlier in this thread. It's just crazy that there are 16 pages in this thread, and only 3 with vital useful information.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:24 

Yeah Apple, i've just said much the same thing in a new thread (started by someone else) directed at this 2k Response:

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=125615&posted=1#post125615

It's so obvious it's damage limitation, and at best a cover up for their lack of understanding about WS.

As you said, if it was "intended" to be so zoomed in then 4:3 would be too, so yeah they've CHEATED the 4:3'rs out of "teh atmosphere" lol, iv'e never heard such crap in my life.

Lost all respect for them.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:24 

IMO there needs to be 3 posts.

1. Paddy found the flaw
2. Racer develops a hack.
3. A link to the hack.

Not having a go at you but what about those of us who can't get the hack to work? We supposed to keep schtum?

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:25 

[quote] I'm on vista 64-bit and cannot use it.
May be you can just use the DX9 link when you right click the shortcut for the game ... in the game turn off DX10 stuff ... it worked for me Vista 64bit.

BTW see my post above.

Are you supposed to get that link in x86 as well? Because I don,t have this option, and the hack isn't working here on Vista 32-b in DX9.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:26 

Not having a go at you but what about those of us who can't get the hack to work? We supposed to keep schtum?

Re-read my post bro, I said I couldn't get it working either. Just give it some time.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:26 

Ok guys, you're upset that it doesn't look right on your widescreen monitor. Boohoo IMO (look at sig before you flame me, I have one too.). The game is bar none phenomenal. You're crazy for not playing this game, especially when the wonderful people here have created a temporary fix in the mean time.

It's a shame really, that you'd want to spend hours bashing 2k, when you could be enjoying yourself in a truly amazing game. But hey, to each his own I guess.

A huge thanks to Paddy for finding the flaw, and a super huge thanks to Racer_S for developing a fix.

On the note of it taking Racer a couple of days to find the needed to code to tap into. Please note that not everyone can use this hack. I'm on vista 64-bit and cannot use it. It's going to take him a few days to sort out the many issues with differen't OS's. So please, cut some slack to 2k would you. I'm sure they have their hands full with alot of stuff right now.

Sorry for the rant, but I find the entirety of this thread obsurd. IMO there needs to be 3 posts.

1. Paddy found the flaw
2. Racer develops a hack.
3. A link to the hack.

If you think the thread is too long, then why add to it with this post?

I happen to agree with you and despite the widescreen issue, I purchased the game and am truly excited about it. It doesn't mean that others can't feel differently.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:30 

If you think the thread is too long, then why add to it with this post?

As you can see from my post count, I'm more of a lurker. I just felt the need to say something ;).

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:32 

Unfortunately I bought the game on Steam so I cant return it, that said I wont be buying any future 2K games until a WSGF fix is out. Such a terrible response with a total lack of understanding. For shame. Honestly, who the hell think 75 degree FOV is perfectly fine for a viewing screen which normally is 120+. Dear lord.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 18:32 

[quote]If you think the thread is too long, then why add to it with this post?

As you can see from my post count, I'm more of a lurker. I just felt the need to say something ;).

Gah!

And the thread continues to grow!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 81  Next