Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 17:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2008, 02:34 

Played a bit last night, was good but I had to put everything on Medium to get the game to run smoothy on a Q6600, 4GB DDR2 and 4870 512MB.

Was good after I got it going smoothly, except I forgot to save and lost the first 20 minutes of the game when I got raped by a pack of wild pigs =[.

The weapons feel a lot better than the original Stalker (not bothering with typing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.), just a lot smoother and more realistic with reloading and firing in general.

Unfortunately my session was cut short when the game crashed to the desktop. It was getting late so I couldn't be bothered getting back in and re-loading the game.

Runs great @ 1920x1200, everything looks to be in the right proportions and scaled correctly.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2008, 04:51 
Insiders
Insiders

(not bothering with typing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)

..save for that instance. right? :)

anyway this oen looks like it'll ahve the same fate as the first game. Mediocre reviews and somewhat unbalanced gameplay, then brought to new life with slick overhaal mods in the coming months.

I enjoyed the first one a lot but once i got a some mods on, liek Lblivion Lost and a couple texture mods, it was liek a different game, gameplay wise.

But maybe i should leave speculation be until i try it for myself... at least the file structure appears much the same as SoC, so at least modding will be simple.

I also find it a bit worrying when i read the performance peopel seem to be getting, considering the tame recommended specs.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 07:46 
Editors
Editors

Yeah so I've played and on my system E6600 4GB 8800GTX XP PRO the performance is fucking terrible. So far it plays like ass, and it's buggy as hell. Right now, I'm going to give it another 5 hours of play time, and if I still don't like it... it has ruined both stalkers for me.... and I went out and bought this game because I was so excited by it...

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 08:07 

I have been surfing around to try and figure out if it is worth playing on my system, but by the sounds it - HELL NO.

**Hey Maherie, you think a 280gtx will be held back by our CPU's?

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 10:21 
Editors
Editors

I have been surfing around to try and figure out if it is worth playing on my system, but by the sounds it - HELL NO.

**Hey Maherie, you think a 280gtx will be held back by our CPU's?

Yeah I would. only because when I had vista installed and I ran the windows experience, everything was 5.9 but the old CPU was only 4.8 so I think currently the 8800gtx is making my CPU slowdown already, so I can only imagine a 280.

In reference to the game, I'll let you know how I get on, but currently it's taxing my system somthing cronic.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 16:10 

I don't think the windows experience is that reliable. Many changes I did including from a 1.8ghz opteron to a 3ghz xeon showed little to no change ...

It seems capped at 5.9 too.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2008, 17:22 
Editors
Editors

Yes, from what I've read Clear Sky has about a thousand times more bugs than the original. And I thought the original was bad at times... :(

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2008, 12:37 
Editors
Editors

yeah this is out there.... people walking around with no heads, unable to pick things up... patch 1.05 did nothing for me but make it worse... so far it's just plain hell. Only played 2 hours of it... I'm not sure I'll make anymore...

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2008, 23:14 

Ive heard that Clear Sky has an Activation Limit. Anyone know if this is the case?

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2008, 00:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Ive heard that Clear Sky has an Activation Limit. Anyone know if this is the case?

From what I've read it does seem to have an install limit... though the numbers differ depending on region and install method. (Steam, D2D, disc) Not that any of that matters, as it got cracked pretty fast, along with the cracks for the patches.

So far it doesn't really matter to me, as this one seems more bug-riddled that SoC. I think I'll wait a while to pick it up. I Didn't really enjoy SoC when if first came out (after 6 fucking years of waiting) but I REALLY enjoy it now that useful patches and very good mods have come out. I'm expecting the same will happen with Clear Sky.

Also, looking at your specs you may want to hold off for a bit.Apperently frolks with rigs that exceed recommended specs still get poor framerates... then again, if it's anything liike SoC, it won't be so dependant on beefy CPUs, but a strong video card.

PS - next patch is expected end of September.

http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_page=1&thm_id=16791&sec_id=18

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next