Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 21:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Dead Space for PC?
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2008, 22:35 
Editors
Editors

I'm not here to enter a bitch fest.
Yeah you are.
You took a perfectly innocent post trying to help you and you twisted it to me somehow belittling your intelligence.

I'm telling you I was not.

As if the help I've given in the hardware forum to earn the Hardware Insider badge was a misplaced insignia.
As if my reputation on this forum means I would belittle you for no reason.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 00:22 

the game feels very console like in it's movement, aim, look and camera angles. It's also very confusing control wise. I see no way to access the map and datalogs. I press the numbers designated for them and the wheel with the weapons on it comes on screen instead.

I found the controls kind of hard to get used to instead , flawless with a360 control pad though.
Game also seems really optimized graphically , i dont usually get to put absoloute maximum for everything and it looks amazing

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 12:53 

Like I said, I could live with the movement, aim, and camera angles if it just ran smoothly for me. I'm not about to dump a lot of cash into parts I won't likely keep very long though. Still holding out for my dream Nehalem rig. The games releasing lately aren't bad, but they're not great IMO.

There's going to be a lot of good games come out soon by good devs like IW, Id, Valve, etc, so I can wait a bit longer through these,..meh, whatever games. Those are the truly talented teams. Funny how the bigger corporate types can afford to but never beta test very well.

That being said, this game does have some spectacular moments, like the part where you toss boulders in the beam and release the big asteroid while creepy crawlies go zero G jumping at you. I like smacking them after they're dead and watching the blood float in the air as their grotesque corpses float toward me. However the constant rinse and repeat monster closet element takes a toll on me when the st, st, stuttering kicks in.

Paddy, lets not continue to duke it out. Maybe it was just my assumption you were dissing my ability to setup a gaming rig. Either, way, it's not worth a fight. :wink:

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 07:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Hm isn't this a Dead Space thread?

Dead Space - Yay!

COD5 - Meh.

Maybe time to start a WaW thread... using the same engine, i assume it has hor+

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 10:23 
Editors
Editors

Hm isn't this a Dead Space thread?

Dead Space - Yay!

COD5 - Meh.

Maybe time to start a WaW thread... using the same engine, i assume it has hor+

It is ...

I split the Call of Duty: World at War posts to a discussion here ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14879

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 10:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Well good.

*Spoiler*
PS - found a little Dead Space tidbit:

Take the first leter of the name pf every level and you get "Nicole is Dead".

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 17:57 

argh! why did i read the spoiler...

me = dumbass.

Anywho, was going to add another +1 to dead space being a lot better than expected. Absolutely no flaws so far. Only up to level 5... so ages to go. Fallout 3 is sitting upopened though next to it. Just picked them both up. Trying to get DS out of the way so i can waste 100 hrs into fallout.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 18:37 

So far I'm still only on Level 2 on Dead Space :P

I got Fable II and Dead Space on the same day, and I really liked Dead Space, but I was too distracted by Fable 2. Then I got Far Cry 2 the day after, which was mediocre so I haven't had much interest in it yet. Then a few days later I got Little Big Planet, so I was then juggling that will Fable II so I was even more distracted. Then a few more days later I got Fallout 3, and now I'm juggling all three of those still. Then on Friday morning I got Gears of War 2, which I was totally hooked on until I finished it last night. Lol

On top of that I keep trying to Dead Space after dark, so that also limits my options a bit as well.

Oh yeah, and I've been playing Warhammer Online and I finally picked up Ratchet & Clank Future as well, was hoping for a price drop, but I finally stopped caring a few weeks ago and picked it up anyway.

Ugh... Gaming overload >_<

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 19:57 

Anywho, was going to add another +1 to dead space being a lot better than expected. Absolutely no flaws so far. Only up to level 5... so ages to go. Fallout 3 is sitting upopened though next to it. Just picked them both up. Trying to get DS out of the way so i can waste 100 hrs into fallout.

i picked up both fallout3 and dead space at the same time, as you did. fallout3 was so buggy though, i ended up starting with dead space by default.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 21:41 

I really liked the game, but i don't think i'll play it again.

But i was a little disappointed that the end-credits don't have a good music like for example "The Thing".

offtopic: mikeh, you have the most disgusting avatar i've ever seen (although it's obvious fake, i find it inappropriate)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next