Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Sep 2024, 00:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Call of Duty 4
PostPosted: 24 Nov 2007, 17:59 
Editors
Editors

Yeah.

I remember the same complaints about not being able to max stuff out when Fry Cry was released - and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the exact same people who were complaining. It was the same with F.E.A.R - that was a system killer on max settings too when it was released; a few months after release the X1900 came out, and that could play it better than anything else at the time. It's a constant cycle.

I've not actually tried playing CoD4 online. I'm not really a great one for online games. :|

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2007, 18:07 

Well, I had to play on one monitor, as I think Dopefish's fix gets you kicked on PB servers. It was weird having to play with such a small FOV after using triplehead.

On the ship map: Air strikes, Air support (helicopters) and grenades are the bane of my existence. People get wiped out by them 5 or 6 at a time. The rest of the gameplay is fairly well balanced. The Support weapons - RPD/M60/SAW machine guns are amazing to cut down the enemy, but once you have to reload, better find a safe spot. It takes ages.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2007, 19:19 

/me huggles my M16.

I use Sleight of Hand with my M60 but I think it'd be more efficient if I picked up Stopping Power. For the most part though, I'm not that big a fan of the MGs. Perhaps I just pick the wrong times to use it.

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2007, 17:34 

I love the MGs when I have a full belt of ammo. I hate the MGs when I need to change in a new one. :lol:

I actually fin them better for medium range suppression, and up close devastation. For other purposes, a decent assault rifle is preferable. The G36C and the FNP90 are good ones to pick up from the enemy and sharp shoot with.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007, 21:34 

If I were to buy CoD 4 just for the multiplayer (Let's just say) what are your opinions on it? Would it be worth the money, is the online experience well done, fun, long lasting?

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2007, 21:48 

Well you are not going to buy it for the 4-6 hours of single player "goodness" are you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7