Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 17:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 16:47 
Editors
Editors

I love how some of the people at the start of the thread just couldn't figure out how you can take TWO screenshots in two different aspect ratios. You must be some kind of mad science professor right??

It's pretty strange that 2K specifically say they're implementing it properly, then it turns out to be wrong. :? Someone messed up I guessed.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 16:49 
Editors
Editors

You must be some kind of mad science professor right??
... of course ... :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 16:50 
Editors
Editors

I've spotted exactly the same 'stop being such a bunch of whiny bitches' post under different names on two different forums and Digg, now. :lol:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:00 

What they don't understand is that we are not "Bitching and whining". We are bringing up what we see as an easily fixed issue in the game. I, for one, am still buying this after work today and plan on enjoying the hell out of it. If they fix the issue post-release like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., then I will be even more happy.

It is arguable that as long as the aspect ratio is correct (i.e. not stretched) than this is officially "widescreen support". I actually agree that it is "widescreen support", but it is not "ideal widescreen support". It doesn't help though that their lead developer specifically said that "Widescreen will see more".

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:18 

Yea... I agree with Gabbo, if they can make widescreen in vert- how much harder can it be to change the widescreen method slightly so it becomes hor+... so many games have had flawless support, even ones that don't support it natively, so why can't games that support widescreen natively have hor+

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:35 

Howdy all!

Guess how I discovered this forum? :D

I am the proud owner of two widescreen TVs ( a 55" Samsung DLP & a 36" Vizio LCD, which is where my 360 is used), but I'm a technical moron. All I know is that I have the 360 (& HD-DVD player) hooked up with the component cables & the cable is hooked up with HDMI. That's as technical as I get. :D

I have some questions that I'm hoping the more mature & sensible folks that populate this forum can answer with regards to Bioshock. I bought the game this morning before work & am eagerly anticipating heading home tonight to play. Then I heard about this widescreen issue. Here goes my questions:

1. I've played the demo & loved it. Does anyone know if the retail version looks the same as the demo? I didn't notice anything terrible with the demo, so if it looks like that, I'll be good. (See my note about lacking technical knowledge.)

2. If not, do you anticipate 2K releasing a patch soon that will fix the issue?

I appreciate any answers & look forward to learning some good stuff about my TVs from this forum!

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:38 

2k forums have it hard, did get 5 minutes database errors :wink: .

If they implent true widescreen then there is nothing wrong. Paddy, could you make (or get) that true widescreen picture, with normal- 16:9, 16:10 and triplehead resolutions :wink: . So we can show them how it is done the good way :wink:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:39 

Here is an example of half life 2 a certified game in a paddy-esqe screen shot overlay... though it still isnt as good as his... (the screen shots didn't seem to line up perfect and there is a bit of red on the bottom...

Notes: You do not gain any vertical height in half life 2 only horizontal.. the red band is from how the screen shots were merged and aligned...

Also the HUD in the red screen shot does continue under the non red screen shot but because of how they are merged it looks like it cuts off...

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:42 

Yeah, i will look if i can make a screen where the aspects are explained correctly :wink:

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:43 
Editors
Editors

StormSurge -

Welcome to the forums! ;)

1) The retail game will probably look exactly the same as the demo in that regard.

2) From the sounds of things, if they decide to patch it, they'll do it reasonably soon. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 81  Next