Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 01 Oct 2024, 07:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:48 

Howdy all!

Guess how I discovered this forum? :D

I am the proud owner of two widescreen TVs ( a 55" Samsung DLP & a 36" Vizio LCD, which is where my 360 is used), but I'm a technical moron. All I know is that I have the 360 (& HD-DVD player) hooked up with the component cables & the cable is hooked up with HDMI. That's as technical as I get. :D

I have some questions that I'm hoping the more mature & sensible folks that populate this forum can answer with regards to Bioshock. I bought the game this morning before work & am eagerly anticipating heading home tonight to play. Then I heard about this widescreen issue. Here goes my questions:

1. I've played the demo & loved it. Does anyone know if the retail version looks the same as the demo? I didn't notice anything terrible with the demo, so if it looks like that, I'll be good. (See my note about lacking technical knowledge.)

2. If not, do you anticipate 2K releasing a patch soon that will fix the issue?

I appreciate any answers & look forward to learning some good stuff about my TVs from this forum!

Thanks in advance!

:welcome

If the demo didn't bother you, than you are golden my man. I personally loved the demo, but it does bother me that the field of view is so zoomed in. It just feels a bit awkward.

I am SO picking this up at lunch though.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:52 

Can't find that example picture right now, maybe if paddy or somebuddy else read this, post it here :wink:

Some explaining here

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:53 
Editors
Editors

StormSurge ... welcome ... 8)

Just wanted to add ... if 2K don't fix this (I think they will) our WSGF buddie Racer_S is looking to make a hack to fix this for us ... :D
He is well known for making FOV hacks ... it is not always possible he usually sorts it.

Even if 2K do fix this for widescreen users I'm also pretty sure that it won't fix it for TripleHead users ... so I and quite a few others need Racer_S to make that hack ... :D

Lets hope Racer_S and/or 2K fix this some how.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:57 

what is chris kline's email?

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:00 
Editors
Editors

Later I will try to do one of these for Bioshock ...

Not sure I will be able to though as you need to get pretty far back in TH for the 4:3 shot to line up when the FOV is so severely cut as it is in Bioshock.

GRAW2 though added to the vert so it was easy.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:04 

I have play bioshock for the last 2 days and have no issue with my 50 inch HDTV. Don't worry about it.
If you think I haven't been playing go check my achievement points on XBOX live. my gamer tag is LTAnderson

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:06 
Editors
Editors

what is chris kline's email?
2K are aware of the problem and are looking into it ... no need to email Chris (unless it is for some other reason)

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:08 
Editors
Editors

I have play bioshock for the last 2 days and have no issue with my 50 inch HDTV. Don't worry about it.
If you think I haven't been playing go check my achievement points on XBOX live. my gamer tag is LTAnderson
So you are OK with it ... that is fine each to their own ...
It feels very wrong to me ... and many others.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:11 

Joystick is reporting on this as well:
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/21/bioshock-widescreen-issue-causing-complaints/

I wish we could get this much publicity for every game that's vert-. I think they pretty have to fix it at this point, I can't fathom why they didn't allow the FOV to be edited like every other Unreal engine game in the first place.

Hopefully this will serve as an example to other developers to get their widescreen implementation right. It's too bad we don't have some kind of "developer liason" with connections in the industry to make sure we don't have to go through this stuff.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:29 
Insiders
Insiders

:?:

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 81  Next