Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 10:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 20:25 

Shitsticks and arsefeathers.

I thought this might be the case. And I don't think you can re-map keys that don't originally exist. Damn my stoopid http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/192&cl=us,en]poncey keyboard.

You can using the program I linked above (I was specifically linking it because the guy who found it useful had a logitech keyboard without a number pad). I dunno about the others, but its quite possible they do it too.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 20:28 

Oh, okay, will give it a go!

I did point out that I was a dumbass. :oops:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 20:34 
Editors
Editors

Let us know how you get on ... 8)

Shitsticks and arsefeathers.
... :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 20:54 

Keymapper seems to work okay, but if you try and type a *, I get nowt, or the original keypress.

Got to be a Vista issue, wouldn't you think?

After 6 months of struggle, and some recent severe annoyances, I may well switch back to XP. Pah.

Damn you Redmond! Damn you to hell!

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 21:37 

I love you. :roll:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 22:12 

I play on a HDTV with 1360x768 16:9 what settings should I use? Sorry i am an absolute nube with this tool.

Can someon please help me?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 22:47 

[quote]I play on a HDTV with 1360x768 16:9 what settings should I use? Sorry i am an absolute nube with this tool.

Can someon please help me?
Yes, how much help do you want?
Lots of extremely long detailed technical help here:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8018#comment-158989
Short and sweet help is here:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8028
16:9 a good place to start is both sliders at 0.75

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2007, 23:22 

Thx Man

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2007, 03:34 

Tolyngee > your anger is misdirected. Try the 2k forum or email their CEO to let them know how you feel.

The guys around here have done nothing but persist in getting an official fix (so that Xbox 360 owners could be catered for also) instead of us just settling for a rather good 'hack' that already has the game working for us.

If it wasn't for Paddy and some other guys (and all the persistent supporters over @ 2k) then there would be no fix.

It's MS and 2k that have dissapointed you, no need to get angry here about it in a private forum that owes nothing not anyone nor answers to anyone.

First, although I am quoting you, I'd first like to apologize to Paddy for any spoilers... I was just disappointed that the stuff I assumed was correct was so guessable...

It's like watching Titanic... You know it's going to sink, but it's still a great movie...

But, still, you just KNEW it was going to sink...

Anyway, yeah, I am upset, and misdirected, but I don't want hacks being seen as a positive for PC gamers... Some devs are considering not bothering with the PC anymore, meaning hacks could disappear...

So the games need to be properly supported...

I'm not much of a gamer... Only two games I have installed in the past year are TrackMania Nations (which kept me hooked for almost a month... I got pretty darn good at it, beat Nadeo's times on most of the tracks...) and Prey...

I typically don't get around to installing games...

But if I want to be certain to play a game, I take time off from work... I did that for HL2...

But, again, what upsets me so much about all of this is how "tallscreen" support, with no way of modifying the FOV out-of-the-box without a hack, means the devs had no intention of supporting TH2G...

"-1 again for TH2G" I suppose...

I want TH2G for my sims, but I also would like to know devs of other genres are going to support it as well... (supporting it, after all, just means supporting widescreen...)

Anyway, I will stop my rant and ramble...

Sorry that I did not know earlier when to shut up...

Again: spoilers sure do suck...

Oops...

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8038

Hope this timeline isn't the expectation on the Bioshock patch...

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2007, 07:37 
Editors
Editors

Hey bud ... I probably came across a bit harsh ...
I put it up in red so others wouldn't start the spoiler thing ...
Spoilers should be done like this ... http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8071

Most of us completely agree with your thoughts on widescreen and TH2G ... which is partly why the WSGF exists.

We need to let the devs know ...

::TrueWS ... :WWTH2Go ... :savews

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 81  Next