Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 21:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 81  Next
PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 03:39 

http://www.tallscreengamingforum.com

I wonder if you are the one who registered that domain :)

BTW, I suggest only visiting that site in firefox, it looks like one of those that could be loaded with who knows what.

Edit: LOL odd, the site changes every time you reload it. And sometimes it has a search word of bioshock on it, so obviously tallscreen is being associated with bioshock. lol

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2007, 09:41 

1680x1050 is 16:10, NOT 16:9

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 22:25 

[quote]Shitsticks and arsefeathers.

I thought this might be the case. And I don't think you can re-map keys that don't originally exist. Damn my stoopid http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard/devices/192&cl=us,en]poncey keyboard.

You can using the program I linked above (I was specifically linking it because the guy who found it useful had a logitech keyboard without a number pad). I dunno about the others, but its quite possible they do it too.

I have the same keyboard with the same problem, but I resolved it by plugging in one of my old PS2 ones that has a keypad. My MB let's me have both the USB one and PS2 attached at the same time, I had to reboot for it to see the wired keyboard but they coexist well, not sure if the same would be true for your setup. If you don't have one around you should be able to pick up a cheap one for under $10, I know this isn't really a fix but neither is the FOV hack, which works great BTW!

For all those out there that are unsure how to use it I found that setting both sliders to 0.6 works quite well, setting them at different ratios from one another distorts your view, like you're looking through a fisheye lens. Setting them to the same value retains the same aspect ratio and either zooms if you increase the value or zooms out if you decrease the value, leaving the value set to 1.0 does nothing, you aren't changing anything.

Just my 2 cents, hope this helps.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 22:52 
Editors
Editors

Hello MrMusic ... welcome to the forum ... 8)

For all those out there that are unsure how to use it I found that setting both sliders to 0.6 works quite well, setting them at different ratios from one another distorts your view,
Those that are unsure how to use it should read the detailed report or the solution page as there are instructions there too .... :wink:

The correct settings for the FOV tool ... from the detailed report and also mentioned on the solution page :wink:

I found that 16:9 users should set it to:
Width FOV: 0.75
Height FOV: 0.75

16:10 users:
Width FOV: 0.84
Height FOV: 0.84

(these looked almost perfect when overlapped with the standard 4:3 screenshot)

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8028

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11711

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 04:36 

[quote]Is there still no official patch from 2K? What are those fools doing, it should take a few hours to patch.

The devs have contacted the WSGF, and we are working with them to help ensure that the upcoming patch supports widescreen to our standards. They have publicly promised that the patch is coming, and I can confirm that they are working towards it.

Great news! I'd rather get the game for 360, but if the patch is PC only I'll get that version. Can you provide any confirmation regarding a 360 patch? (sorry if off-topic, as it seems these forums are more PC centric).

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2007, 04:40 

Hey Masumo, welcome to the forum.

2k said they were looking into a patch for the 360 version as well. So lets hope they do it.

This forum is for all widescreen users. :D

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 01:00 

3+ weeks since they announced a FOV patch will be coming and still nothing. This is getting pretty dumb, I hope the patch comes out before Crysis/Orange Box etc. are released or I might just skip it until it's bargain bin prices.

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 11:32 
Editors
Editors

First they've got to do the patch (which ain't really hard)... but then it's got to go through publisher QA. And if the publisher is feeling reticent or pissy (or are just plain bogged down in QA for other games that are nearing release) then it can get delayed...

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2007, 02:37 

I'm not sure what Im doing wrong, but the FOV fix does not work for me. I have Vista 32bit and 8800 Ultra with latest drivers and running the game in DX10.
Anyone else having a problem with this?

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 20:57 

2 more weeks, still no patch :(. Oh well, with TF2 beta and ET:QW Demo I don't have time for Bioshock now anyway. It will be a bargain title by the time they get this patch out and I buy it :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 81  Next