Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 21:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next
PostPosted: 04 Dec 2007, 15:07 
Editors
Editors

The patch is up ... http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/support/

I haven't tried it but here is what it includes ...

Changes:

* Added compatibility with Matrox TripleHead2Go - Allows Bioshock users to play in Surround Gaming Mode across 3 screens simultaneously
* Added rendering support for TripleHead2Go

* Added the following plasmids and gene tonics: Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom 2, Eve Saver, Machine Buster, Machine Buster 2, Vending Expert, Vending Expert 2
* Added an Option to disable the Vita-Chambers for added difficulty.
* Changed behavior of subtitles so that inappropriate queuing is improved
* Added support for a walk toggle keybind
* Added Horizontal FOV Lock option
* Atlas VO volume increased for German releases

Fixes:

* Re-added the Human Inferno tonic which was missing from the retail release.
* Fixed mouse acceleration issues
* Fixed issue of subtitles not clearing correctly on occasion
* Fix for a potential situation in Fort Frolic where taking a picture of Cobb is impossible if his body gets stuck behind a fallen pillar
* Fixed subtitle timings to more accurately match the on screen audio
* Fixed issue causing stuttering audio when using Windows Vista
* Fixed issue with characters squirming and wiggling after death
* Fixed blood decals and other projectors not showing up on ATI hardware
* The "Use Creative EAX Audio" option is now greyed out when EAX-capable hardware is not present
* Fixed audio issues stemming from having a Speaker Setting in Windows that was invalid for the current sound card
* Fixed reserved keys not functioning properly when keys are unbound
* Fixed multiple cases of keys not allowing a rebind
* Removed erroneous "Reload" binding in a no-weapons context
* Fixed incorrect Training Message concerning bots who are friendly to enemy AIs
* Fixed incorrect Training Message when shooting a Mimic
* Fixed refresh rate being locked at 60hz in DX10 mode
* Fixed VSync disabling in DX10 mode

Very artistic ..... :lol:

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2007, 15:45 

Very artistic ..... :lol:
What's the expression that I am looking for? Oh, yeah, of course.

LOL :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 03:57 

LOL now trrll, try and tell me it wasn't zoomed in...

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/bioshock/screenshot-74.html

^^^ Some screenshots of the FOV fix from patch 1.1 in action ^^^

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 04:45 

I can finally continue the game! o/

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 20:22 
Editors
Editors

The patch is up ... http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/support/

Holy shit, they finally did it? Wow.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 20:49 

Editor's Take: It's incredibly lame (and surprising) that Irrational Games (yes, I refuse to call them by their new 2K name) would go to the lengths they did to create the most atmospheric and immersive game of 2007, but take the easy road when it came to something important like 16:9. Even so, they did take the time to correct the problem (over three months, though?), so that's admittedly cool on their part. I know I'll be downloading the DLC later this evening to check it all out.

You know if more people who have such a direct communication to game consumers could have an open-minded stance on widescreen gaming, perhaps they could take it into consideration when reviewing a game.

When this issue came to light for BioShock, all the game sites I read treated the whole situation with sarcasm and contempt. Only now that 2K have fixed the problem people can see 'what all the fuss was about'.

Though I disagree with the above statement that the game is the most immersive in 2007 (probably in 2002), at least the person agreeing with us is in a position to recognise the problem in future releases.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 21:27 
Editors
Editors

A lot of people loved Bioshock to the point where I was beginning to wonder if I had played a completely different game that happened to be called the same thing... ;)

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 22:06 

Whoa, I cannot believe they updated FOV even on Xbox. I thought the small FOV was due to performance issues, the wider the view frustum is, the more things you have visible on screen and thus the slower it gets.

I wonder what made them change their "artistic" direction. After all, the game was specifically designed with narrow FOV to give maximum enjoyment (in their words, not mine). If we are to believe their original statement, it seems that users of this patch will have to deal with subpar experience compared to unpatched game.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2007, 22:51 
Editors
Editors

Whoa, I cannot believe they updated FOV even on Xbox. I thought the small FOV was due to performance issues, the wider the view frustum is, the more things you have visible on screen and thus the slower it gets.

I wonder what made them change their "artistic" direction. After all, the game was specifically designed with narrow FOV to give maximum enjoyment (in their words, not mine). If we are to believe their original statement, it seems that users of this patch will have to deal with subpar experience compared to unpatched game.

I believe this was what is known as "damage control" and "wishful thinking bullshit in the hope that the community will just lap it up like milk". ;)

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2007, 00:26 

I believe this was what is known as "damage control" and "wishful thinking bullshit in the hope that the community will just lap it up like milk". ;)

So true! Someone at 2K knew exactly what was happening... they didn't bother to change the Unreal engine default. Instead of confessing, they just lied to make themselves sound more professional. I'd have respected them more if they'd just said 'sorry'.

:roll: Oh well...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 805 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81  Next