Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 20:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2008, 18:20 

Thanks werewolph! Oh well Dx10 it is!

Well it ARRIVED!!!!!!!! I am playing it just now!!

Firstly the engine update is beautiful, but sooo sloooow, I've had to drop a lot of the eye candy to get smooth frames rates at 1920 x 1200. Hopefully maherie, it'll get better as the game progresses like you say... I have to say though; I really want a new graphics card now, nothing has really tempted me to get one until now...

I just got through the swamps and I am at the Cordon, but I keep getting turned into a human sieve by the military... I'll try again but gees this game's well tougher than Shadow of Chernobyl...

Quick question, I seem to be randomly picking up tasks and then they cancel themselves automatically, or complete seemingly without my doing anything; is this happening to anyone else?

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 02:36 

Quick question, I seem to be randomly picking up tasks and then they cancel themselves automatically, or complete seemingly without my doing anything; is this happening to anyone else?

Often a certain base is under attack and you will receive a message asking you to help them. If somehow the base defends itself successfully or being overrun by the attackers before your arrival there offering any help, the task will be canceled. I think this is what you are referring to? If so, this is normal and happens often.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2008, 02:39 

Faction Wars do not work very well in Vanilla gameplay, a few mods found on the GSC Clear Sky forums help this out a bit. There is even a mod that allows you to act as commander of a faction and order around faction members to attack, defend, etc.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 01:26 
Editors
Editors

Thanks werewolph! Oh well Dx10 it is!

Well it ARRIVED!!!!!!!! I am playing it just now!!

Firstly the engine update is beautiful, but sooo sloooow, I've had to drop a lot of the eye candy to get smooth frames rates at 1920 x 1200. Hopefully maherie, it'll get better as the game progresses like you say... I have to say though; I really want a new graphics card now, nothing has really tempted me to get one until now...

I just got through the swamps and I am at the Cordon, but I keep getting turned into a human sieve by the military... I'll try again but gees this game's well tougher than Shadow of Chernobyl...

Sweet, I'll get my self sorted out and into a game to keep roughly up with you, feel free to post screenshots of things you find etc. etc.

And it took me 5 goes to get around that machine gun... I just kept running along the fence, then away, no duck and cover...

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2008, 01:50 

Often a certain base is under attack and you will receive a message asking you to help them. If somehow the base defends itself successfully or being overrun by the attackers before your arrival there offering any help, the task will be canceled. I think this is what you are referring to? If so, this is normal and happens often.

Yep that's what I meant, I was just hoping it doesn't count against me in the long run as It's a bit unnerving having things appear and disappear and I'm unable to read the other alerts... Oh wait I just realised I can check them on my PDA lol.

Faction Wars do not work very well in Vanilla gameplay, a few mods found on the GSC Clear Sky forums help this out a bit. There is even a mod that allows you to act as commander of a faction and order around faction members to attack, defend, etc.

I will defiantly try out some of the mods for Clear Sky once I've completed the game. The one you mention sounds really interesting!

Sweet, I'll get my self sorted out and into a game to keep roughly up with you, feel free to post screenshots of things you find etc. etc.

And it took me 5 goes to get around that machine gun... I just kept running along the fence, then away, no duck and cover...

AAARG! I gave up after the 4th or 5th time and I've yet to go back, I thought there was some sort of path I was missing, I even went back to the swamps to try and find better armour... by the way I'm on Stalker difficulty, but now I want to choose Novice lol!

I'll try to take random screenshots, I'm loving the scenery! Although it's a bit dark at the moment.

EDIT: I made it! Home sweet home! - he looks quite happy to see me :D

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2008, 06:33 
Editors
Editors

Storms on the horizon

Can't seem to go further north - limit to the map

I wanted to look around up there but can't.

Day 2:

The swaps have treated me well;
- Finding the Vintar BC up the very back near the train.
- Taking my time to deliever wanted items and take every quest on offer
- Finding almost 50 Stashes
- Leaving the swamps with 1000 Ammo for my AVK machine gun.
- Having enough money to upgrade the gun to +20 Accuracy.

Off to explore Cordon. I have a few screenshots I'll post shortly.

Oh and performance lifted by 50% with new patch so far I've noticed.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2008, 14:22 
Editors
Editors

Day 3:

Finally found ammo for my Vintar BC, which was handy when I accepted a side quest about getting a medkit from the military main base near Cordon main base. It was a nightmare, 15+ guys if I didn't have my vintar I'd be goosed. However I only had 48 ammo for it so there was a lot of weapon changing back and forth from headshots to surpression fire.

I did manage to get around the back of the base, and lined one guy up for the perfect headshot:

Cordon was fun, but I've cleaned it out and just entered the garbage. For some reason I took so long in Cordon that all I need to do is capture the main bandit base... I'm going to leave that till last because I like the small skimirishes between points... and once you kill the main base, most of the bandits disappear.

Oh and managed to find a bubble and a mamma's beads in the car wrecks near the enterance... so so so lucky!!

Osuperman, how you going?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 06:47 
Editors
Editors

Day 4: Dark Valley.

Made into dark valley and did loads of missions, infact, I was almost ready to leave when I got unxpectedly attacked by a band of roving dogs. I hadn't saved since I got into the Dark Valley. Progess = Lost. Hate days like this.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2008, 17:01 

Osuperman, how you going?

Oh god damn it! I'm doing quite badly, nope, REALLY badly - no stashes are showing up anywhere on my PDA despite me paying a shed load of money for them, missions are failing/completing continually (71 missions accepted, 43 completed (YAY!), 27 failed (Hu?!).

The story missions seem to be working and I'm enjoying trading but I can't seem to find any artifacts (I've found ONE at swamps) using my new stupid artifact thingy! It beeps and indicates direction but I end up going round in circles throwing bolts left right and center. The one I did find I had no clue how to attach it to my belt, that option isn't even there anymore! *SCREAM!*

I'm at Dark Valley and I think I've just had all my stuff nicked too, I can't quite keep up with everything as I get a slew of random messages al at once whenever I try to explore. I'm not that bad at video games but (GEES!) this one makes me feel like a complete noob!

Oh and my screenshot button isn't working either now. I was happily taking loads of groovy pictures and went to me screenshot directory and it was empty i was like "Okay, now I'm mad.".

*cries*

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2008, 01:09 
Editors
Editors

Ouch, have you patched to the latest?

I'll have a look at my PDA for missions stats next time in game.

You need a good detctor I have the vales detcor and have it out 99% of the time so that's how I do it.

I take my time, if a mission cancels it's fine with me but it it fails it makes me made. Where did you get your stuff knicked? in the garbage going down the steps to find Fang?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next