Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 13:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: King Kong computer game
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2006, 21:11 

Stay away from this piece of junk. Okay after punching in the 25key cd code, which i am getting extremely irritated with having to do this for every stinking computer game out there, I get to the opening start of the game and what do I see.....

SUBTITLES, who in their right mind defaults a game to SUBTITLES?????????? OMG, ubisoft you MORONS. Okay after turning that CRAP off guess what is happening now?????

My view of the game defaults to the sky, no matter what I do, the view defaults to the sky, it just turns up. So I mess with the interface and guess what happens, now it defaults to the ground.

Are you kidding me UbiSoft???? Wholly mother of exorcisms, what devilish fiend from UbiSoft programmed this monstrosity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got to be kidding me. Has Quality Control just gone out the door? Does anyone at any gaming company ever pre-view their game before they sell it!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

You know I'm not wasting my time with this game, I trashed it already. Who the hell defaults a game to subtitles and a default of the ground or sky for viewing???

sigh It was against my better judgement because we all know what happens when you transfer a movie to a game, its usually JUNK and this one is bigtime!

Run away from this possessed piece of garbage :evil:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2006, 21:20 
Founder
Founder

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Jet. :shock: It is always a bummer when a game just can't seem to be working right.

Speaking of King Kong.....I finally got a chance to see the movie about a week ago. With all the action happening on skull island....b/w the dinos, insects, hostile natives, tommy guns, and kong too I thought it would make a great video game.

I think pc gamer even had a large two page spread advertisement dedicated to explaining the game's mechanics and why it was so great.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2006, 21:30 

I've been reading alot of negativity about this game. The only thing good about the game is graphics.

I keep reading about running out of ammunition to fight back. All you got left are your hands or sticks to fight back with. Ammunition is severely limited in this game. I'm glad I trashed it before I ran into that kind of problem.

Not enough ammo to finish a level, thats unforgiveable. I've read where people are getting frustrated and just quit the game. I didn't even actually start playing the game and I got frustrated, lol

Man oh man

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2006, 21:43 
Editors
Editors

I have learned over the years to NEVER buy a game based on a movie. They are always bad.

That may be a good question, are there any people who know of games based on movies that are good in their opinion?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2006, 21:58 

You know I cant think of one movie to game transfer that was any good. That says it all right there.

Why? It's gotta be the time constraints. The game must coincide with the launch of the movie sort of thing, bugs be damned and overall gameplay be damned, just as long as the game launches with the movie- the bankers are happy.

Geeez, freaks!!!! shoot these greedy good for nothin a-holes! I just wanna smash their skulls with a club!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2006, 22:15 
Founder
Founder

Yea, it's really the first rule of video gaming:

"Never, ever believe the hype." :wink:

My buying habits have changed significantly over the past year after following that rule, and its saved me a lot of gaming grief whilst simultaneously increasing my enjoyment of the titles that I do purchase. :D

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2006, 22:35 
Editors
Editors

Yea, it's really the first rule of video gaming:

"Never, ever believe the hype." :wink:

My buying habits have changed significantly over the past year after following that rule, and its saved me a lot of gaming grief whilst simultaneously increasing my enjoyment of the titles that I do purchase. :D

Don't forget it probably also saved you a lot of money.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2006, 03:56 
Founder
Founder

Don't forget it probably also saved you a lot of money.

Lol...not really, i still spent a ton of money. :wink: But yes, in retrospect I think I saved myself a lot of grief by avoiding all of the hype articles leading up to the big profile releases and waiting to see what was left once all the smoke settled. In many cases it was just a so-so game, masked by a lot of publicity.