Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 28 Jun 2024, 21:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2006, 04:33 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm trying to get the Ultimate Spider Man game running on my Westy monitor, but the game refuses to start anymore. I know it would crash to desktop of your refresh rate was above 60hz... but thats what I have mine set to now. Anyone know how to get this game running, or the reason it crashes before it even loads the game proper?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2006, 21:55 

When you say it won't start "anymore", it implies that it did start at one point. Is this correct? If it did work at one point, did you make any changes in the graphic settings the last time you played it? My guess is that you perhaps accidently changed the resolution in the game to a resolution that your monitor does not support (or don't have the res added in your driver). Since Ultimate SM will not make any graphic changes until the next time you restart the game, this would explain why it suddenly stopped working.

If you can't retrace your steps, then you can always just try uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 03:02 
Insiders
Insiders

My guess is that you perhaps accidently changed the resolution in the game to a resolution that your monitor does not support (or don't have the res added in your driver).

Good call... my game was setup for 1440x900 (my previous monitors resolution) and my new Westy monitor did not support this by default. I added the res and the game loads now and allows me to change the in-game res. This is simply poor design on the games part, every other game I have reverts to 640x480 when this happens, allowing you to load the game and change to the desired resolution.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 13:27 

Cool! Glad you got it back up and running.

I had just reinstalled Ultimate Spiderman on my HTPC the other day. I had some resolution issues with that system as my HDTV is very finicky when it comes to resolutions that it will play nice with.

Good game. Better than the XBOX Spiderman 2 game IMO. (albeit strikingly familiar).