Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 16 Jun 2024, 16:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 02:37 

Bought the PC version of this game

People, go get this game like NOW!!! Its that good!!! I said the same thing about FEAR, and I was right on that one too.

This Oblivion game is absolutely superior to anything I have ever seen graphics wise. That includes FEAR, FarCry, HalfLife 2, Doom 3, and EQ II

I am playing at 1900 x 1200 resolution which was provided, everything turned on Ultra High settings, no anti-aliasing.

The level of detail on the weapons is mind boggling, extremely realistic. Character creations was awesome, alot of detail, you can really make an individual look individual, very detailed.

I started a Mage, created this white albino, old face, white hair with dark eyes, wearing a red robe I looted, looks frightening, lol

I cannot overstress the level of detail in the graphics, its jaw dropping. Draw distance has to be seen to be believed, it goes on forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geeez this game is amazing! :D

computer specs: pentium 4 duel core, 3gig cpu, 2gig ram, GeForce 7800 video card, 23" Widescreen Apple cinema display monitor

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 03:58 

I must agree.... tho now I need to get a dual core CPU since mine just isn't cutting it anymore.... or at least a faster one lol.

Get this game!

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 07:50 

How are your framerates? AA or HDR enabled?

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 09:07 

This game is simply amazing. In the past two days I've logged in 17 hours (much to my fiancee's dismay ;) ) and it felt like I've been playing for 10-15 minutes. Can't believe how fast time flies in this game.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 09:12 
Editors
Editors

That's just the sort of thing that I want to hear ... must be good ... 17hrs feels like 10-15 mins ... 8) :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 09:14 
Editors
Editors

That's how i experience sleep. 7 hours of sleep feel like 10 minutes. :lol:

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 11:23 
Editors
Editors

I actually have a question about this game since i'm considering to buy it.
I played Morrowind for some time but i never really got into it.
Is this game really different to Morrowind if you don't look at the gfx?
Is it a hard game?

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 11:43 

I went in with high expectations.

And so far, Oblivion has gone way past my expectations.

Beautiful graphics although not as good as I hoped (I am far from high end) but it plays pretty well on my 9300 dell laptop (1.7ghz PentiumM with its 6800 Go graphics card). I had to tune it down alot to get it to play right.

Kind of sucks that you need a high end system to play it with everything turned on to get a decent framerate.

Not being able to play it at its best settings blows. :(

Anyway, aloha to you haoles.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 13:31 

Ctrlsteef, trust us just buy it. The game can be as hard or as easy as you woud like it to be.... There is a difficulty bar you can change if its too hard/easy.

Its kinda hard to describe it to you, but its identical to Morrowind and completely different than Morrowind all at the same time... They took the worst parts of morrowind and made them perfect and did the same with the best parts...

Also, this isn't a game like Fear where it has crappy "trendy" graphics..... Yes the graphics are jaw dropping, but thats not what makes this game at all.. I could go on and on and on but I have to go to work.... Just get it you wont regret a thing.

I also have a question for you guys... I have an ati x800xt and it has HDR blocked out, does this card not support it?

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2006, 13:36 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for the info man. I guess i just have to buy it then. :d

About your gfxcard, i had one of these aswell and the Lostcoast level of HL2 worked just fine with HDR.
So i believe HDR IS supported by this card.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next